Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-04-2019, 06:24 AM

Re: My own personal protest

Hi

Our Politicians most certainly are a laughing stock.

https://www.theguardian.com/politics...ld-sees-brexit

Yes, I know it is The Guardian, but the quotes are accurate.

We have been badly let down by the idiots in Parliament.
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-04-2019, 01:25 PM

[QUOTE=Meg;1682953]I think spoiling a vote is pointless , I intend to make my vote a protest vote in the European Elections and the General Election when we get one.

I also disagree with the term 'national humiliation' the nation has done nothing humiliating , many citizens have exercised a democratic vote in a referendum I see nothing humiliating in that.

Some MPs and the PM are a bit of an embarrassment but that should not be used to tar the whole nation with one brush.[/QUOTE

Unfortunately Meg, the way I see it, we, the British people, know who exactly is to blame for this treacherous debacle, but the world outside of this Island only see us as the UK, and how we, as a country once respected the world over, with the help of our treacherous MPs, have allowed the European Union to humiliate us, treat us with total disdain, disrespect, scorn and mockery, and diminished the standing of the United Kingdom in the eyes of the rest of the world.

And who can blame them for thinking how diminished the UK has become, when you see the dwarfish figure of Emmanuel Macron lording it over us at that UK meeting this week, and pompously demanding that "we behave ourselves". We have reached rock bottom in our standing in the world.

That, I'm afraid, is the hard truth.
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands
Solasch is male  Solasch has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-04-2019, 01:26 PM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

It's like watching an old movie. You know in the end they will get there and revoke article 50. But it takes forever to get there.
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands
Solasch is male  Solasch has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-04-2019, 01:36 PM

Originally Posted by shropshiregirl ->

Unfortunately Meg, the way I see it, we, the british people, diminished the standing of the United Kingdom in the rest of the world.

And who can blame the dwarfish figure of Emmanuel Macron lording it over us at that UK meeting this week, and pompously demanded that "we behave ourselves". We have reached rock bottom.

That, I'm afraid, is the hard truth.
If a child misbehaves, and the parent admonishes it, is the parent to blame for correcting the child's behaviour? Or is the child at fault who still has to learn to become a fitting member of society?
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-04-2019, 02:54 PM

Originally Posted by Solasch ->
If a child misbehaves, and the parent admonishes it, is the parent to blame for correcting the child's behaviour? Or is the child at fault who still has to learn to become a fitting member of society?
Being a child, you should know.
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-04-2019, 03:12 PM

Mock all you may Solasch. Brexit may well be being hijacked by traitors in collusion with foreign countries, but if article 50 is revoked as you so wish, your problems, along with your precious EU, are only just starting!

As you can bear witness Solasch, as has happened in your own country, people have started to question the rights and wrongs of the EU, and, again as in your country, populist or far-right parties are winning government seats. Many of those same parties will be putting candidates forward in the EU elections, and there is nothing to suggest that they will not win.
If they do, look out! the cosy little cartel you so adore is in for some ruddy big changes, long overdue.

So, either way, win or lose with Brexit, we will have something to look forward to.

So you continue to mock. It will be short-lived the way things are looking.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-04-2019, 03:13 PM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

We have and we must make them pay, all of them. Even the remainers must realise what a balls-up it has been.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-04-2019, 03:14 PM

Originally Posted by bread ->
being a child, you should know.
itsme
Wigan UK
itsme is male  itsme has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-04-2019, 05:18 PM

Excellent post Solasch, but brexiters would have to form a committee to answer, then have a vote and then another and then start fighting among each other and then say it should go to a referendum and then blame the EU for there not being a regulation to cover it.
Then bread will stick his nose in and say its all down to the EU for being run by Free Masons who happen to be communists and then Swims will blame the drunken duck and the intransigent commission, then SG will start blaming traitors foreign powers and every man and his dog for the committee not coming to a conclusion and on and on.

Solasch, you really must think of some easier questions for brexiters. Maybe, are your shoe laces tied? for example, but then that may involve another committee! and maybe Farage will need to form another party to get people to recognise how important it is to tie your shoe laces. He could then employ another 'no mark' called Annunziata!!!!!!!
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands

13-04-2019, 05:30 PM

Originally Posted by itsme ->
Excellent post Solasch, but brexiters would have to form a committee to answer, then have a vote and then another and then start fighting among each other and then say it should go to a referendum and then blame the EU for there not being a regulation to cover it.
Then bread will stick his nose in and say its all down to the EU for being run by Free Masons who happen to be communists and then Swims will blame the drunken duck and the intransigent commission, and on and on.
Stop, stop, stop. You confuse the leaver's behaviour on this forum with the actual situation in the UK. All around leave is losing ground, remainers are standing their ground. With time the majority will want to remain, because of their own reasoning, whereas the majority of leavers blindly followed what they were told. Not being able to think, they are unable to leave their leave-wish.

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top