Join for free
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-04-2019, 06:50 PM

Re: Why should I justify my vote?

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

Exactly.

It was a Free Vote and the ordinary people voted Leave.

That is democracy.

It is important to me.
Swim I could understand if British people, who wanted to remain, were arguing about why we voted leave. What I can't understand is why members of other EU countries feel they have the right to criticize our decision!
Personally I think they are making a bad choice by staying put....but I don't spend my life on other EU country's forums, harassing them!
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands
Solasch is male  Solasch has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-04-2019, 07:05 PM

Originally Posted by Twink55 ->
what British people vote for, in their own country, is their own choice.... so we don't need your advice on it!
It is given for free...
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands
Solasch is male  Solasch has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-04-2019, 07:07 PM

Originally Posted by Twink55 ->
Swim I could understand if British people, who wanted to remain, were arguing about why we voted leave. What I can't understand is why members of other EU countries feel they have the right to criticize our decision!
Personally I think they are making a bad choice by staying put....but I don't spend my life on other EU country's forums, harassing them!
You are a member of the EU. Never heard of free movement of people, goods, money and good advice?
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-04-2019, 08:03 PM

I would be happy to discuss it whilst wielding a large club.
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands

16-04-2019, 08:16 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
I would be happy to discuss it whilst wielding a large club.
Perhaps you would be surprised. As I stated before, I am of surinam descend. Not only would I defeat you, I may even eat you
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-04-2019, 08:13 AM

Originally Posted by Solasch ->
You are a member of the EU. Never heard of free movement of people, goods, money and good advice?
I have visited most of Europe and find the majority of people, who live there, very pleasant. The only ones I really dislike are the people who have never lived here yet still try to tell us how we should politically run our lives.....oh and those who don't understand we are a country that recognizes the majority win, in a democratic vote.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-04-2019, 10:13 AM

Originally Posted by Solasch ->
Perhaps you would be surprised. As I stated before, I am of surinam descend. Not only would I defeat you, I may even eat you
A gun then.
Moscow
Scotland
Moscow is male  Moscow has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-04-2019, 02:13 PM

Originally Posted by Jazzi ->
For some reason, though I was in the allotment shop this morning just buying some seed trays and canes, I found myself defending my own decision to vote Brexit, to the shop volunteer who claimed 'we all voted to stay in'.

She wanted to know why. I said just because. But she still wanted to know from where that decision sprang. I wouldn't/couldn't answer her without us probably having a full blown political argument. I said all my family voted Leave.

I did go on to say I thought it was wrong that Remainers wanted another Referendum and why couldn't they accept the decision.

So there is my big question, as in the thread title. Why should I justify myself?
It's called 'moral zealotry' and its polluting every aspect of life in this country.
It smothers free speech, free thinking, debate, creativity and individuality.
Its insidious and nasty.
We must resist it at all costs.

Remain supporters , religious bigots and liberal elitist seem to be at the vanguard of this movement!
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands

17-04-2019, 03:22 PM

Originally Posted by Jazzi ->
For some reason, though I was in the allotment shop this morning just buying some seed trays and canes, I found myself defending my own decision to vote Brexit, to the shop volunteer who claimed 'we all voted to stay in'.

She wanted to know why. I said just because. But she still wanted to know from where that decision sprang. I wouldn't/couldn't answer her without us probably having a full blown political argument. I said all my family voted Leave.

I did go on to say I thought it was wrong that Remainers wanted another Referendum and why couldn't they accept the decision.

So there is my big question, as in the thread title. Why should I justify myself?
It is only justification if you have the feeling the other is on a higher moral plane. Your feeling, not how the other behaves, defines what it is.
If you don't think the other has the moral advantage, giving your motives for the choice you made is not a justification, but an explanation. Perhaps even education.

On the other hand, the fact you feel it as justification, indicates you feel a moral disadvantage due to your vote to leave?
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands

17-04-2019, 03:25 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
A gun then.
Typical english colonial response. Even your neighbours the irish recognize it from experience.

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top