Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Tedc
Berkshire, UK
Tedc is male  Tedc has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-04-2019, 08:03 PM

Nit Picking?

Another thread just reminded me of the old days when Nit Nurses were working away in schools.

Do they still have them?

Do kids still get nits?

I remember my late wife was very good at going through the offspring's scalps and crushing the little nits between her thumb nails!

Must have been all cleared away due to medical advances?

OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-04-2019, 08:10 PM

Re: Nit Picking?

Originally Posted by Tedc ->
Another thread just reminded me of the old days when Nit Nurses were working away in schools.

Do they still have them?

Do kids still get nits?

I remember my late wife was very good at going through the offspring's scalps and crushing the little nits between her thumb nails!

Must have been all cleared away due to medical advances?

Nope Ted, they are still alive and kicking here in South Yorkshire.....
The grandkids used to bring them home occasionally when they were both attending school.....
Baz46
Somewhere rural 'out in the sticks', UK
Baz46 is male  Baz46 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-04-2019, 08:13 PM

I know that three or four years’ ago when my grandchildren were at school there were still nits. No nit nurses in those days though, as far as I recall. The remedy for nits also now has to be bought by parents, it’s no longer available on prescription from GPs. Parents at that time were asked to treat the children’s hair with the correct medication before they returned to school. With the cost of that and some families having two or three children at school that did not not always happen, so those children whose parents did bother were soon having problems with nits again.

Nits can also be contracted by anyone else in the family so ideally they should all be treated, quite an expense for some with a big family!
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-04-2019, 08:15 PM

I remember them doing the rounds when my twins were at school, apparently nits like clean hair.
Primus1
York
Primus1 is male  Primus1 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-04-2019, 08:49 PM

I used to love the nit nurse coming to school..she would run her fingers through my hair, and I would go all googly, I love people playing with my hair, it’s just unfortunate that our hairdresser is a bloke
Pesta
Chatterbox
North of the South UK
Pesta is female  Pesta has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-04-2019, 08:55 PM

Originally Posted by Primus1 ->
I used to love the nit nurse coming to school..she would run her fingers through my hair, and I would go all googly, I love people playing with my hair, it’s just unfortunate that our hairdresser is a bloke

Pesta
Chatterbox
North of the South UK
Pesta is female  Pesta has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-04-2019, 08:57 PM

I thought of 'cough' then realised I was thinking about the wrong end
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-04-2019, 08:58 PM

Originally Posted by Primus1 ->
And your point is Primus?......
Primus1
York
Primus1 is male  Primus1 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-04-2019, 09:09 PM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
And your point is Primus?......
I like my hair being fondled, and I can show my feminine side....
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-04-2019, 09:15 PM

I can remember the nits,crawling over my eldest sons hair,I used to pick them out,

When you are in line at school,it's like being in a sardine can,so I am not surprised how quickly they jump from one head to the other.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top