Join for free
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »
shirley
Gloucestershire
shirley is female  shirley has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-11-2013, 11:32 AM

Back after a very nasty fall

Hi Everyone
Just thought I would put a post on to let everyone know why I have not been posting since the middle of August.

I had a very nasty fall at home where I slipped and managed to smash my face into a heavy wooden coffee table.

I was in hospital for five days where I had to have my nose and all across my face stitched back on. To be told I was a very lucky person and that the damage was not more severe. I also had damage to my right leg and right arm.

I have had the last 12 weeks trying to recover from my injuries. I have come back to work for a couple of hours each day to start off with as my recovery period is between 12 - 18 months.

During this time off I have had numerous visits to doctors/hospital/physio appointments which I have to say I have been well looked after and treated with the upmost courtesy by all who I have seen. I still have to have all these appointments even though back at work and will have for the foreseeable future.

I look forward to chatting again and hopefully making a contribution to some of the forums posted.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-11-2013, 11:38 AM

Re: Back after a very nasty fall

That sounds really dreadful, Shirley, not to mention extremely painful. Glad to hear you are recovering - and welcome back !
shirley
Gloucestershire
shirley is female  shirley has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-11-2013, 11:41 AM

Thank you Silver Tabby it is lovely to be back, a bit shaky first walking in but I am sure that will go after a few days.
Alan Cooke
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire, UK
Alan Cooke is male  Alan Cooke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-11-2013, 11:43 AM

Sorry to hear that Shirley, it makes me shudder to even think about it. I do hope there's no long term damage done.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-11-2013, 11:47 AM

Shirley I am so sorry to hear about your accident
What a dreadful time you must have had...

It's good to have you back with us...
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-11-2013, 11:50 AM

Hello Shirley,
many good wishes to you for a full recovery x
shirley
Gloucestershire

11-11-2013, 11:53 AM

Morning Alan I was told right at the start that they could not guarantee whether or not I would get any feeling back in my nose/face/lips.

I have to say that I have now got feeling back into both cheeks (that is the ones on my face just in case I mislead anyone haha) half of my top lip and the whole of my nose is still what I call frozen which means there is no feeling as yet but I am getting itches from the inside of my nose and lip so there is some feeling trying to come back but which will take a long time.

Up until about two weeks ago all of my teeth baring two at the back on the right side of my face were frozen as well which meant that I could not eat very easily or drink anything without dribbling . My husband throughout all this has been truly wonderful, I have to say.

For the first six weeks I went through the motions but then after that I think I suddenly realised what had happened and that is when the scary bit started. For which tablets have to be taken.

I think I may write everything down once I am stronger so that I can remember how long things took and what I went through to hopefully get back to my old self.

I am 56 and I have to say this has shook me up badly.
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-11-2013, 11:57 AM

This sounds a terrible episode Shirley, my best wishes for a full recovery from your injuries. Nice to have you back though, even battered and bruised...
Jean
Northern ireland
Jean is female  Jean has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-11-2013, 12:00 PM

Sorry to hear that, dreadful accident to have happened. Glad your getting well looked after. Take care.
shirley
Gloucestershire

11-11-2013, 12:03 PM

Thank you Meg, Patsy, Jean and Plantman for your good wishes.

You don't realise how your life can change in a split second it has taught me to slow down and not try and do everything (she says laughing) I am a control freek.

It is so nice to be back on the forum and chatting again.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top