Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland
Nom is male  Nom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-02-2016, 04:09 PM

Winning an argument

Wonder if this may be of help on forums ?. How to win ANY argument using science: Experts reveal which words to use and how one simple trick can help get your own way

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencete...-help-way.html

Or perhaps not .
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-02-2016, 04:18 PM

Re: Winning an argument

I don't think the "longer post" bit is right but not using quotes is.
I'm just going to use the politicians' tactics of changing the subject entirely.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-02-2016, 04:23 PM

Its not about winning though - throw in some humour to quell the situation is my tactic, don't like arguments at all
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-02-2016, 04:27 PM

That's right Patsy!
I haven't got the stamina to argue a point for more than about four posts.
Humour always helps, but it seems to annoy serious folk.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-02-2016, 04:29 PM

Originally Posted by TessA ->
That's right Patsy!
I haven't got the stamina to argue a point for more than about four posts.Humour always helps, but it seems to annoy serious folk.
Yep - that's about my limit, if you have something to say, you should be able to do it in 3 or 4 posts One preferably
TessA
Official Poinker
UK

11-02-2016, 04:32 PM

You could always say, "Shut up you're talking rubbish!" then hide!
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK

11-02-2016, 04:33 PM

Originally Posted by TessA ->
You could always say, "Shut up you're talking rubbish!" then hide!
Ha ha - I'm sure I have
dukeofearl
south coast uk
dukeofearl is male  dukeofearl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-02-2016, 04:48 PM

A popular new trend seems be, swill booze down your throat all day and at the end of that paralytic day call the other posters wxxxers.
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-02-2016, 05:44 PM

Originally Posted by Nom ->
Wonder if this may be of help on forums ?. How to win ANY argument using science: Experts reveal which words to use and how one simple trick can help get your own way

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencete...-help-way.html

Or perhaps not .
Nice thought Nom but lets be honest, when you look at it who really cares who wins an argument when lives or livelihoods don’t depend on the outcome.
Domestic arguments become fewer and fewer as one gets older, it’s so long now since the wife and me had a good ding dong that I forget how to argue with her, we slag each other now and laugh because we know there’s no point is rowing.
I must say some of the arguments on forums do amuse me, so funny to see mature men/women getting all hot under the collar and hammering away at each other about something they can do absolutely nothing about. Your health is your wealth and to hell with stupid arguments, that's for politicians who get well paid for it.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK

11-02-2016, 05:45 PM

Originally Posted by dukeofearl ->
A popular new trend seems be, swill booze down your throat all day and at the end of that paralytic day call the other posters wxxxers.
So that's what you do - better cut down on that booze

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top