Join for free
Page 18 of 27 « First < 8 16 17 18 19 20 > Last »
galty
Chatterbox
rainham essex
galty is male  galty has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-10-2019, 01:43 AM

Re: 39 people found dead in lorry

Originally Posted by Judd ->
Are these containers refrigerated all of the time or just when a tractor unit is attached? If that's the case, it could be that these poor bastards were crammed into the container before it was refrigerated, taken to Purfleet and hooked up to a tractor unit before being taken to the next destination the driver not realising that the refrigeration had kicked in. When he arrived at that destination, he would have checked on his cargo to see if all was well and then found them all frozen to death and so called the police and paramedics.
The lorry was found on an industrial site 2 miles from Purfleet.
galty
Chatterbox
rainham essex
galty is male  galty has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-10-2019, 08:11 AM

Could be wrong on this but don't think so

The Big container port is at Tilbury five miles down the from Purfleet and all containers are off loaded

So thinking that in Purfleet a very small port with ability to lift off containers is unfisable(sp) but they can off load Lorries with containers picked up in the EU.

No way could he be charged with manslaughter if he had picked the container up from Purfleet.

The other fact is he opened the doors on a road and no destonation, to my mind to let them out.
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-10-2019, 08:35 AM

Isn't this an example of what multiculturalism brings?

Climate change is making many places harder to live in and, just like holiday brochures, social media is telling people that there are places where we could all be happier.

The world is grossly overpopulated & can no longer provide for everybody but I am sure it has happened before , like the Ice Age and others.
Some may think that their religious god causes it, or some may think it just happens, but I think we all need to accept that this planet can no longer provide for the lives that live on it.
I believe that human greed has caused this but, whatever the cause was, the lives on this planet will dramatically reduce as a massive number of people will die..... maybe all life.
If I was a young person I would not be wanting to to have babies that will be exposed to this Armageddon

These days the only thing we talk about is immigrants & disasters that are related to climate change. It will get worse and I just hope I will not still be here to see it happen!
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-10-2019, 09:46 AM

I don't understand how this illegal immigrants thing works....if it costs them 30k to get a ride in a truck from China....why don't they just buy a plane ticket and join one of the thousands of Chinese tourists that inundate London every year.....then just disappear and stay?

I'm sure that's too simple and there must be a reason why they don't....I can't think of it though.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-10-2019, 09:54 AM

Originally Posted by summer ->
I don't understand how this illegal immigrants thing works....if it costs them 30k to get a ride in a truck from China....why don't they just buy a plane ticket and join one of the thousands of Chinese tourists that inundate London every year.....then just disappear and stay?

I'm sure that's too simple and there must be a reason why they don't....I can't think of it though.
Summer I thought the same unless they haven't got a passport of course.

I used not to like the idea of identity cards but think the time has come to have them and that they need to be produced to get a job/accomodation/medical treatment. I realise that may not prevent the people smugglers and modern slavery bosses who keep trafficked people hidden away but they will go so way to keep track of who is here.

I feel sorry for the genuine refugees fleeing from conflict but we are a small island and can't take everyone who wants to come here from the billions of would be economic migrants who are misled into thinking they will automatically get a job and a better life here.
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-10-2019, 10:03 AM

I suspect they need passports or proof of identity, so they could more easily be traced & returned to their own country.
When the mass immigration of Europe happened, about 3 years ago, That is why many said they were refugees from Syria & had no proof of where they came from as they had to leave it behind. The majority of them were lying and had probably never even been to Syria. Most were from North Africa and were just looking for an easier life... but they still risked their lives by travelling in inadequate boats!
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-10-2019, 10:11 AM

Hi

Flying in is not an option for most, the security is much too high.

You need a passport, credit or debit card, knowledge of where you are going and staying.

If you do get through and overstay you will be deported, you can be identified.
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-10-2019, 10:52 AM

Whilst I have every sympathy for anyone fleeing conflict or extreme poverty. I am very worried that some of these smuggled people are not coming here to find a better life, but to make ours worse, they could be funded by heaven knows what organisations and are being missed.
Judging by the folk interviewed who said they'd seen lorries parking up and hundreds of stowaways exiting them, we could have a serious problem building up.
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-10-2019, 11:38 AM

A person is not permitted to board a flight to the UK unless their documentation is valid. At border control before a person is permitted to enter the UK their documentation must be in order and even then can be turned round and returned to their point of embarkation if the immigration officials decide that an individual does not have a legitimate reason to enter the UK.

Moreover they do not travel by truck from China. They will travel, usually as a group by conventional travel to country within the Schengen Zone, those to the east in particular have very porous borders if any physical borders at all, and once within the EU Schengen Zone can travel restriction free, across all other Schengen EU states by a variety of means up to the border of the Schengen zone.

The UK is not a Schengen EU state and so they are faced with being required to have the correct documentation, often for the first time.

It's at that time when people smugglers use --- things to get them into the UK avoiding our border control.

Once here they are criminals simply by entering our country illegally.

Then they have three options.

#1 Claim asylum which is of course an illegal thing as it contravenes the Dublin Protocol but is usually very difficult to prove.

#2 Enter the illicit workforce employed by the hundreds of thousands of businesses that ask no questions, pay peanuts, and are part of the illicit popular of the UK.

#3 Join one of the many criminal gangs or colonies that have been allowed to become established over here.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-10-2019, 12:22 PM

Originally Posted by Twink55 ->
Isn't this an example of what multiculturalism brings?

Climate change is making many places harder to live in and, just like holiday brochures, social media is telling people that there are places where we could all be happier.

The world is grossly overpopulated & can no longer provide for everybody but I am sure it has happened before , like the Ice Age and others.
Some may think that their religious god causes it, or some may think it just happens, but I think we all need to accept that this planet can no longer provide for the lives that live on it.
I believe that human greed has caused this but, whatever the cause was, the lives on this planet will dramatically reduce as a massive number of people will die..... maybe all life.
If I was a young person I would not be wanting to to have babies that will be exposed to this Armageddon

These days the only thing we talk about is immigrants & disasters that are related to climate change. It will get worse and I just hope I will not still be here to see it happen!
I agree.

We have a choice: have fewer children or die.

Many Western people, perhaps most, are not guilty of having more children than they can support.
The people who are irresponsible, and have far more children than they can support, are mostly in third-world countries and, of course, the Catholic church encourages that as well.

Because they cannot breed responsibly, their countries become overpopulated and cannot support the numbers who live there, so what do they do? They come here for the support they can't get in their own countries.

All because they cannot control their own societies.

So as well as destroying their own countries, they do the same to ours.

That appears to be our future too.

Page 18 of 27 « First < 8 16 17 18 19 20 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top