Join for free
Page 2 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-11-2019, 11:18 PM

Re: Spoil your ballot paper.

Originally Posted by spitfire ->
RS, have you heard of Hobson's Choice?
yes and did you know about the thousands of people who gave their lives in 2 world wars so we had the freedom to vote. No way would I throw that back in their faces ,so to speak
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-11-2019, 11:20 PM

Of course, there is much shameful stuff going on, and it's not you or I's fault.
galty
Chatterbox
rainham essex
galty is male  galty has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-11-2019, 11:34 PM

Originally Posted by realspeed ->
No I have not missed the point at all. You are refusing your right to vote , however you dress it up.
Think of what tomorrow is, and why it is being held.
Go live in a country where you can't have a choice and see what that is like
No I am existing my right to vote and by spoiling my ballot paper sends a message.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-11-2019, 11:35 PM

Originally Posted by Dodge ->
For those that didn't know, writing 'none of the above' with an X by it is the actual way to get your point across because all spoiled ballot papers are logged and the reason for why they are spoiled have to be reported.

I didn't know that, Dodge.
Thanks.
galty
Chatterbox
rainham essex
galty is male  galty has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-11-2019, 12:14 AM

Originally Posted by Dodge ->
For those that didn't know, writing 'none of the above' with an X by it is the actual way to get your point across because all spoiled ballot papers are logged and the reason for why they are spoiled have to be reported.
Thank you

That was the point I was making.
Dextrous63
Chatterbox
Manchester, UK
Dextrous63 is male  Dextrous63 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-11-2019, 02:23 AM

if you don't want to vote then don't, but also don't complain about the party that gets into power, you couldn't care less.

Nothing worse than a non voter or ballot paper spoiler moaning and complaining afterwards if things don't go their way.
Me? I am only too glad to have the right to have a say in which party I want to be in power. Our people fought 2 world wars so we had the freedom to vote, and it is a disgrace to put two finger up at those who gave their lives for this privilage.
You are correct in your sentiments. However, what if what's on offer isn't good enough?

I'm sure that you've walked past a restaurant, looked at the menu outside, and decided that there's nothing on it that you really fancy. Your argument is that you're duty bound to go in and eat something from the menu anyway because the grandfather of the owner went through great hardship setting up the restaurant and indeed died in a kitchen fire. Our argument is that you're entitled not to, even if there's no other restaurant around (whilst leaving a helpful note suggesting that there ought to be other items on the menu if they want your custom).

This is NOT the same as not even bothering to go out and have a look in the first place.
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-11-2019, 11:07 AM

Quote "You are correct in your sentiments. However, what if what's on offer isn't good enough?" unquote

Nothing to stop one standing as an independent and have a mandate for what you want.
susan m
DORSET UK
susan m is female  susan m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-11-2019, 11:46 AM

I honestly do not know what to do anymore . I've voted since I was 18 .

I am just not sure anymore
Dextrous63
Chatterbox
Manchester, UK
Dextrous63 is male  Dextrous63 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-11-2019, 12:22 PM

Quote "You are correct in your sentiments. However, what if what's on offer isn't good enough?" unquote

Nothing to stop one standing as an independent and have a mandate for what you want.
Can't afford it.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-11-2019, 12:31 PM

Originally Posted by spitfire ->
i might "soil" mine.

I'm nearly old enough.

Page 2 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top