Join for free
Page 11 of 370 « First < 9 10 11 12 13 21 61 111 > Last »
mart
Chatterbox
South of England
mart is male  mart has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-06-2016, 10:53 AM

Re: Post your daily exercise routine

I walked 5 miles (5.07 to be entirely accurate) and cycled about 4 miles yesterday. Both done at a good pace. I had awful cramp in my leg in the evening. Just something that can happen from time to time and I'm beginning to relate it to vigorous exercise. It mostly happens in the leg where the kneecap got broken 30 years ago.

I'll be riding the bike again later and will have to see what happens.
mariana
Kent. Uk.
mariana is female  mariana has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-06-2016, 11:46 AM

I think heinz now do more ranges in their tins of beans--kidney beans, cannellini beans etc.
True they are a good inexpensive way to get lots of protein---in Sainbusrys recently they were selling the large cans of reduced sugar beans for 50 p a can !!
mart
Chatterbox
South of England
mart is male  mart has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-06-2016, 01:43 PM

I've never taken much notice of diets. If the weight goes above 11st 3lb I'll eat less. Below 11 stones and I can eat all sorts of unhealthy foods freely for a couple of days.

One thing though. When older, the original youthful look never quite returns no matter how fit or slim. For the healthiest appearance, I reckon a balance needs to be struck between filling out saggy/wrinkled skin and being overweight.
MKJ
Chatterbox
UK
MKJ is male  MKJ has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-06-2016, 09:45 AM

I've been trying to become slimmer and fitter for a while now. Last night I jogged for 4-5 miles and felt like I was getting somewhere. Felt stronger and lighter on my feet . Hope I continue to feel in such a way as it is quite exciting. Who knows I might be able to run quite speedily soon if I keep it up.
ruthio
Chatterbox
Southern UK
ruthio is female  ruthio has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-06-2016, 05:03 PM

Twenty eight lengths in half an hour today... I'm wondering if I can make it thirty, but won't push it just yet.
mart
Chatterbox
South of England

10-06-2016, 07:13 AM

Well done ruthio. I'd certainly drown if I tried that. I didn't learn to enjoy the water early in life when others did and so have never been happy when out of my depth. I have to do the 'fitness' bit on dry land instead. That's OK but I often wish I had become a better swimmer.

I walked 7 miles at a brisk pace yesterday. This was to and from the hospital, so there was the break of the appointment time at the halfway mark. A cycle ride is planned for today, probably about 12 miles. Some of it will be off-road.
Gabi
Lancs,.
Gabi is female  Gabi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-06-2016, 07:21 AM

Left eye open and close right eye open and close. Head nod one two three. Step forward one two three step back that will do me.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-06-2016, 09:44 AM

Well done Mart and Ruthio, I only managed to do my usual 8.2 mile run yesterday morning and for the first six miles it was going swimingly, then the wheels came off and it was a struggle for the last two and it left me jaded for the rest of the day. In my defense though, I managed to put a couple of sprints in. A sort of 'Mix and match'...

Gabi! the exercise you have described is okay provided you did them in a leotard! We don't accept sloppyness in this section.....
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-06-2016, 01:18 PM

Walking today alongside the river Humber near Hull. Although it was misty in the distance (probably down to the humidity) it was warm and still with no cold breeze scurrying off the North Sea, which is common in these parts. The paths alongside the river from St Andrews Quay to Hull are all Tarmac and ideal to walk if there has been a lot of rain. Large ships from all over the world are berthed behind the fence in the dock, and make for interesting and thought provoking scenery.

After lunch in the Secret Garden we took time to explore the backstreets of Hull, places I've never been and was surprised to discover a great deal of history and heritage found in some of the most beautiful architecture. This is the County Court building and the Town Hall at the far end.

A brilliant day out with exercise combined with education. I think I need to spend more time in this beautiful City with it's many splendid buildings. not to mention all the great places to eat. The train journey from Doncaster to Hull is also one of the best scenic train journeys in England as it meanders for most of the way along the river Ouse as it turns into the Humber. Michael Portillo would be proud.

A glance at the GPS watch at the end provides some interesting data for one of my lists....

spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-06-2016, 03:20 PM

Nice walking area OGF, closest I have been to Hull is a place called Winterton, far side of the Humber, you can see the Humber Bridge from there, must get me one of them watches, pedometers aren't accurate enough.

Page 11 of 370 « First < 9 10 11 12 13 21 61 111 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top