Join for free
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-10-2019, 12:20 PM

Prison sentences for animal cruelty raised

This is good news if it goes through

https://www.thinkinghumanity.com/201...bv0WHHvsIRG6cU
Dodge
Kent, UK
Dodge is male  Dodge has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-10-2019, 12:56 PM

Re: Prison sentences for animal cruelty raised

About time to, some of the stuff that I've seen in the media of animals being mistreated and the perpetrator getting away with a pathetic sentence is disgraceful
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-10-2019, 01:23 PM

In theory this is excellent, Muddy, but the Judges often do not impose the maximum sentence anyway.

What is the present possible sentence, is it about a year, I'm not sure?
But whatever it is, it is almost never imposed.

Time and time again offenders are let off with just a fine and/or a suspended sentence. It makes my blood boil.

So as I said, in theory a longer sentence is excellent - as long as it is imposed by the Judges.
Besoeker
Chatterbox
Doncaster, UK
Besoeker is male  Besoeker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-10-2019, 01:52 PM

And as long as the perpetrator gets caught.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-10-2019, 02:22 PM

Originally Posted by Besoeker ->
And as long as the perpetrator gets caught.

Ey?

Catching him/her is only part of the problem.
They are not being dealt with adequately once they are caught is what Muddy meant.
Savvy
United States
Savvy is male  Savvy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-10-2019, 02:36 PM

If someone will abuse animals, they will abuse people. I am of the throw away the key set when it comes to animal cruelty.
Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States
Surfermom is female  Surfermom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-10-2019, 04:32 PM

We need an express lane for people who mistreat children and animals.
Bratti
Chatterbox
Canada
Bratti is female  Bratti has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-10-2019, 08:49 PM

Originally Posted by Savvy ->
If someone will abuse animals, they will abuse people. I am of the throw away the key set when it comes to animal cruelty.
Originally Posted by Surfermom ->
We need an express lane for people who mistreat children and animals.
Yesssssss! I think I’d kill ‘em myself if I could.
Anyone that could heard an innocent child or animal doesn’t deserve life.
galty
Chatterbox
rainham essex
galty is male  galty has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-10-2019, 08:56 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
In theory this is excellent, Muddy, but the Judges often do not impose the maximum sentence anyway.

Time and time again offenders are let off with just a fine and/or a suspended sentence. It makes my blood boil.

So as I said, in theory a longer sentence is excellent - as long as it is imposed by the Judges.
Was six months seldom imposed.

Step in the right direction at last
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-10-2019, 09:00 PM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
This is good news if it goes through

https://www.thinkinghumanity.com/201...bv0WHHvsIRG6cU
Originally Posted by Mups ->

I sincerely hope it comes about.

However, as Mups points out, our idiot judges never seem to punish criminals properly and, consequently, these laws are really quite pointless.

Why do they do that?

Is it because our glorious leaders have persuaded them not to send people to prison because: (a) they are full, and they don't want to pay for more prisons; (b) they don't give a toss because they personally are not at all affected by crime?

Or is it because our judges have been infected by the current do-gooder thinking that permeates our country and, naively, think that their derisory sentences which, admittedly, would worry them personally and honest people like me, whereas in practice real criminals just laugh at them?

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top