Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Primus1
York
Primus1 is male  Primus1 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-10-2019, 11:29 AM

Road pricing

Westminster are to discuss the viability of introducing pay per mile , it’s to cover the expected loss of revenue as electric vehicles become more popular, it’s estimated that they will lose 40million in road tax and fuel duties, as ev,s are exempt from ved,
Ray Cathode
Scotland, UK (but not EU)
Ray Cathode is male  Ray Cathode has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-10-2019, 12:47 PM

Re: Road pricing

Implementing that will be quite a challenge. Easy enough for IC engines, just a tax on the fuel but electric vehicles? Mandatory GPS trackers would be very unpopular. Seperate electricity for vehicle charging but people would get round that.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-10-2019, 01:02 PM

Hi

Very bad news if you live in a rural area.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-10-2019, 03:17 PM

Very bad news for everyone I would say but of course they had to get their money back somehow didn't they. That's why I can never get behind any of these save the planet schemes because I know beneath it all, is just another way of bringing the revenue in.
Primus1
York
Primus1 is male  Primus1 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-10-2019, 04:00 PM

Cars are becoming more and more connected nowadays, they will have some form of tracking, and will be able to communicate with each other, so sending you a bill each month won’t be any problem, I would think it’s a few years away as yet but it’s definitely coming..
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-10-2019, 09:06 PM

Originally Posted by Primus1 ->
Westminster are to discuss the viability of introducing pay per mile , it’s to cover the expected loss of revenue as electric vehicles become more popular, it’s estimated that they will lose 40million in road tax and fuel duties, as ev,s are exempt from ved,
That'll change when EVs get more popular.
Primus1
York

16-10-2019, 09:15 PM

Originally Posted by Judd ->
That'll change when EVs get more popular.
That’s the thing though judd, as ev,s become more popular the government will lose fuel duty, so to recoup any shortfall, they will start charging per mile covered, there might be concessions for business users and people who live in rural areas, but they’ll have to plug the gap..
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-10-2019, 11:12 PM

This is not too dissimilar from when we were encouraged to start using diesel vehicles because of their fuel economy. What did they do then? Increase the price of diesel to make up for the shortfall. Now of course diesel vehicles are condemned as being polluting even though modern cars are much cleaner than their petrol equivalents.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-10-2019, 12:02 AM

Hi

I have a Ford C Max automatic.

Driving to work I got 47 mpg.

Now retired and moved house.

I live in a Town now.

The traffic is stop start, I now get 38 mpg.

How does that work for Road Pricing?
Primus1
York

17-10-2019, 07:30 AM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

I have a Ford C Max automatic.

Driving to work I got 47 mpg.

Now retired and moved house.

I live in a Town now.

The traffic is stop start, I now get 38 mpg.

How does that work for Road Pricing?
I would imagine you’d be one of the winners swims, if you did low miles then you’d pay low prices, but many won’t, it’s a fair bit off yet though I would think

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top