Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-10-2019, 02:16 PM

Begone Bercow!

Just four more days and hopefully we will be rid of that vile, anti-democratic dwarf, Bercow. I used to think that Michael Martin was the worst Speaker we ever had, but Bercow surpasses him in every avenue.

Current MPs that support Brexit have described him as ''gratuitously unpleasant, nasty, bitchy, bullying and childish'' but even more, completely partisan in his judgements as Speaker of the House. In any other similar position, he would have been shown the door a long time ago.

His blatant partisan actions are not just recently either. A typical example going back four years ago was when David Cameron, then the Prime Minister, during Prime Minister's Questions, was cut off by him mid-speaking. Cameron was so annoyed that he pleaded, ''I haven't finished'' Bercow was having none of it, and literally licked his lips before replying ''He can take it from me, he's finished.''.

I sincerely hope that it is true that this government is going to break with tradition and punish this pygmy by not offering a peerage to him.
He does not deserve any reward for his disgusting and disgraceful actions over the last 10 years.

I would imagine there will be a collective sigh of relief by many MPs in Parliament, and millions of people who have had to endure sitting in front of their television screens watching him do everything in his power to thwart Brexit. For many, the mere sight of him walking away from that hallowed seat will be a sheer pleasure, because if ever there was a person completely unsuited for such a hallowed position as The Speaker of the House, it is Bercow.

What is your view on this man?
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-10-2019, 02:23 PM

Re: Begone Bercow!

A vile little toad of a man. Plans were afoot to investigate his parliamentary bias but it seems that he has avoided that too.

No way should this man be given a peerage or honours of any sort.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-10-2019, 03:01 PM

He is in a similar league to the wonderful B.Liar. Does what he likes and gets away with it.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-10-2019, 03:41 PM

Apparently there is s plot by Remain-supporting MPs to install Harman who favour a 'Peoples vote ' the last thing we need is a mini Bercow....
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-10-2019, 04:25 PM

Oh Pleeeeeease! not Labour's Harriet Harmon! She is an out-and-out Feminist, and was so PC during her reign in the Labour cabinet I used to hate even the mention of her name., Now known as ''The Mother of Parliament', guaranteed, she would just be a mini-me of Bercow. If the Remainers want her in, that spells trouble.

We can but hope that either Labour MP, Lindsay Hoyle, who has been Deputy Speaker for many years, or Conservative MP, Dame Eleanor Laing, getS the post. Fingers crossed.
bloggsy
Hampshire
bloggsy is male  bloggsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-10-2019, 05:14 PM

Bercow and Harman are a pair of Odious Toads
susiejaeger
Chatterbox
Essex, UK
susiejaeger is female  susiejaeger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-10-2019, 05:30 PM

I read on the Internet, that he was bullied at School for being so short and full of acne.

Horrible little man, can't wait for him to go.
zuludog
N E Lancashire
zuludog is male  zuludog has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-10-2019, 06:58 PM

I know this is O/T but I couldn't resist it, as it is about politicians who were bullied at school

I used to live in the part of Manchester where Gerald Kaufman was the MP, around Gorton, Beswick, & Ardwick; and I once got chatting to someone who went to school with him

He said " Gerald Kaufman was Jewish, and he was bullied at school
But he wasn't bullied for being Jewish
He was bullied because he was an obnoxious little tw@t".
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-10-2019, 11:35 PM

Politics aside, I would not stand him for a pint.
Puddle Duck
Cheshire. UK
Puddle Duck is female  Puddle Duck has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-10-2019, 10:21 AM

Originally Posted by zuludog ->
I know this is O/T but I couldn't resist it, as it is about politicians who were bullied at school

I used to live in the part of Manchester where Gerald Kaufman was the MP, around Gorton, Beswick, & Ardwick; and I once got chatting to someone who went to school with him

He said " Gerald Kaufman was Jewish, and he was bullied at school
But he wasn't bullied for being Jewish
He was bullied because he was an obnoxious little tw@t".
I have to agree with your analysis. Believing many to have been disagreeable kids at school, possibly due to characteristics of their parents . Probably most have been lifted out of a situation by money.
Bercow is also Jewish , family changed their name from Berkowitz and his father a taxi driver , so maybe he had a chip on his shoulder and was bullied at school. Reported to be very right wing and stroppy at the University of Essex !
Another point to ponder about politicians, is about how many of them have such a drive to succeed, it's almost unbearable . People with such concentrated ambition quite often have underlying issues such as bi-polar or worse and ruling with obsessive compulsion.
Being bullied does not give excuse to bully, and Bercow just plays to the audience in the public gallery every time, with his smart OTT condescending comments . Arrogant tw-t springs to mind. Can't stand the man . It's thought Sir Lyndsey Hoyle will take Bercow's position, but I'm not sure he (Bercow) is ready to go ,even now.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top