Join for free
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-06-2020, 10:38 PM

Re: workshop messing about

No it won't go "tits up " . it is all in the preperation and the order you are going to do it in. What I do is think it through first and do a dummy run. That way if you are going to make a mistake such as forget what you need you will have it ready for when you actually start. You will then see if you have enough levelling compound for example

That is my method anyway with every project and it has not let me down. You have seen my greenhouse project? That was well planned even before I started. Such as - was there space - what wanted taking down- what material do I need- what tools should I get etc.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-06-2020, 10:45 PM

Thanks for the optimism RS, I think of everything but, it still usually goes wrong, and a bit of bodging is required.
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-06-2020, 10:55 PM

Originally Posted by spitfire ->
Thanks for the optimism RS, I think of everything but, it still usually goes wrong, and a bit of bodging is required.
Spittie
It may look silly to others but please do a dummy run first if only to work out an exit route. Where would you like a spare bucket of water -where are you going to do the mixing - are you mixing it too far away- where are you going to start in the room. can you get hold of any cleaning equipment quickly if needed such as a wet towel (splash marks on a wall don't help).
Even self levelling compound needs a little help so have a float ready

Do a walk through first. Better to spend an hour thinking about it than a day correction the errors
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-06-2020, 01:51 PM

Good advice RS, spent an hour chipping off the plaster that had landed on the floor, then I have applied a coat of Mapei Primer G. I have a 25KG bag of Mapei Levelling Compound. but, for safety sake I will buy another one tomorrow, once started, I would hate to be slightly short
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast

28-06-2020, 02:00 PM

Always better to have too much than too little, as the actress said to the bishop
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire

28-06-2020, 02:02 PM

Especially if she was "Laying on the Floor".
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast

28-06-2020, 02:43 PM

I always tend to over order having learnt from past experience. Also get the best I can afford buying cheap is false economy
Oh take some photos you do each stage. something to look back on and think "well that is another balls up eventually sorted"

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top