Join for free
Page 5 of 10 « First < 3 4 5 6 7 > Last »
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-03-2019, 06:24 PM

Re: Richard Gere

Originally Posted by Zuleika ->
Odd that he needs surgery ? For what he's suffered ? Of course he does .
This a story about cocaine induced stroke amongst other things.
What is wrong with a woman having a friendly relationship with a homeless guy ? What was strange about her ?
Gere not well cast ?
I give up !
If it is a stroke then I don't understand why they were opening the skull. I tried to find out the details online but could not find more than high level information. When someone has a stroke or aneurysm they usually go internally, either via meds or via a catheter guided method. I wondered whether it was that he'd had a brain tumour all along as that would make sense. But then read that it was related to the cocaine overdose

The friendship with the homeless guy goes from really awkward "chats" to him making her a (horrible) bowl, to suddenly she is obsessed. It just didn't seem natural to me. Not that she shouldn't be friendly with a homeless guy but that they did not seem that intimate or click. No chemistry see. You didn't think the overflowing bath scene was unrealistic? She seemed far too sensible for such nonsense.

Gere? I just don't like him in it I guess. Matter of opinion. If others like his performance that's all good. It's just a tv show so we will all have different tastes.

But I will be watching the next show. Just saying it's contrived, but that's ok. I will still enjoy it for what it is. Hope they don't keep showing the dead seal though!
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-03-2019, 06:26 PM

Originally Posted by ruthio ->

Gere is miscast.
Gere is brilliant as a mogul monster.
Blame Art & Mups! I keep seeing a new born kitten! & wondering at his "thin face"
Zuleika
North West UK
Zuleika is female  Zuleika has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-03-2019, 07:10 PM

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
If it is a stroke then I don't understand why they were opening the skull. I tried to find out the details online but could not find more than high level information. When someone has a stroke or aneurysm they usually go internally, either via meds or via a catheter guided method. I wondered whether it was that he'd had a brain tumour all along as that would make sense. But then read that it was related to the cocaine overdose

The friendship with the homeless guy goes from really awkward "chats" to him making her a (horrible) bowl, to suddenly she is obsessed. It just didn't seem natural to me. Not that she shouldn't be friendly with a homeless guy but that they did not seem that intimate or click. No chemistry see. You didn't think the overflowing bath scene was unrealistic? She seemed far too sensible for such nonsense.

Gere? I just don't like him in it I guess. Matter of opinion. If others like his performance that's all good. It's just a tv show so we will all have different tastes.

But I will be watching the next show. Just saying it's contrived, but that's ok. I will still enjoy it for what it is. Hope they don't keep showing the dead seal though!
Why would you need surgery after a stroke?
This removes blood clots and helps restore blood flow to the brain. Thrombectomy is only effective at treating ischaemic strokes caused by a blood clot in a large artery in the brain. It's most effective when started as soon as possible after a stroke.

I didn't see the wife obsessed at all . She went to his place if that's what you mean to find out if he was the one who had spoken to someone about the friendship.

As for clicking . I think her face showed that she liked him very much .
No I didn't see what you imagined about the bath scene.

How you can form an opinion after one episode that you didn't like RG in it , I don't know .
Maybe he's lost weight , the thin face ? The face always shows it . Who cares ?
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-03-2019, 07:22 PM

Blame Art & Mups! I keep seeing a new born kitten! & wondering at his "thin face"
Annie, I think it’s his eyes that make him look like a newborn kitten!

I can’t see what women see in him. I don’t think he’s anything special!
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-03-2019, 07:24 PM

I notice those who are of argumentative persuasion in this thread are largely the same people who frequent the politics threads.
Come on guys...each to their own. More use of "IMO" yes?
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom

08-03-2019, 07:25 PM

Originally Posted by Zuleika ->
Why would you need surgery after a stroke?
This removes blood clots and helps restore blood flow to the brain. Thrombectomy is only effective at treating ischaemic strokes caused by a blood clot in a large artery in the brain. It's most effective when started as soon as possible after a stroke.

I didn't see the wife obsessed at all . She went to his place if that's what you mean to find out if he was the one who had spoken to someone about the friendship.

As for clicking . I think her face showed that she liked him very much .
No I didn't see what you imagined about the bath scene.

How you can form an opinion after one episode that you didn't like RG in it , I don't know .
Maybe he's lost weight , the thin face ? The face always shows it . Who cares ?

Well Mups cares about his face. She is worried! It's always interesting to watch actors you've loved ageing. But it sometimes detracts from the subject as you end up analysing their looks rather than focusing on the character (or at least I do).

I've not really enjoyed RG in roles for the last ten or so years. When he was young and angry he seemed to focus that anger into his work and in turn this gave a really impressive performance. So his early stuff like American Gigolo, Officer & a Gentleman and looking for Mr Goodbar had a totally different character to later roles. I can't help but compare. It's not his age, but that he has mellowed too much.

I see on searching that there is an operation (craniotomy) where the skull is removed to relieve pressure and clip an aneurysm. This site as ever is so educational!
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom

08-03-2019, 07:28 PM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
Annie, I think it’s his eyes that make him look like a newborn kitten!

I can’t see what women see in him. I don’t think he’s anything special!
Art - the minute I saw him I could see what you mean!

I think he was quite hot in the 70s & 80s. Nice bod Some actors carry that through to their later years, say Sean Connery or they even improve later (John Thaw). But it doesn't work for everyone.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom

08-03-2019, 07:30 PM

Originally Posted by Floydy ->
I notice those who are of argumentative persuasion in this thread are largely the same people who frequent the politics threads.
Come on guys...each to their own. More use of "IMO" yes?
Have you watched the show Floydy?
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-03-2019, 07:31 PM

Have you watched the show Floydy?
No, does that make any difference to my observations of members in this thread arguing?
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-03-2019, 07:32 PM

I understood most of it but wondered what the girl’s disappearance/murder had to do with them and why, the man ? a private investigator was murdered.

I don’t think Sarah Lancashire fits in, somehow. Is she the leader of the opposition?

Page 5 of 10 « First < 3 4 5 6 7 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top