Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Zuleika
North West UK
Zuleika is female  Zuleika has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-08-2019, 01:26 PM

Why are products withdrawn for no apparent reason ?

I've just discovered if I want to repurchase Dettol Antiseptic Cream ,which is, in my opinion simply the best and scores of others in sites I've looked at think so too, I would have to pay upwards of £ 8.99 per 30 grm tube plus postage to a company in Malaysia !
I cannot find a replacement in the UK containing the same germ fighting and healing properties this one has in it .
Why do manufacturers do this kind of thing ? Bottled Dettol after all is still available .
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-08-2019, 01:31 PM

Re: Why are products withdrawn for no apparent reason ?

Try being a tesco customer they have ruined the value range and now we have a mess of new names for things, now they have stopped bags for home deliveries which is causing havoc for the drivers and customers. I think they just don't really care. I hope you can find the cream you need, just had a look and both ebay and amazon have it if that is any help. not much cheaper than you have quoted though.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-08-2019, 01:43 PM

Just been searching for you, Zuleiker, and I can't find any either. How strange.

Would Savlon antiseptic cream do for you, do you think?
galty
Chatterbox
rainham essex
galty is male  galty has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-08-2019, 01:44 PM

Mups try this

Does not seem to be a problem.

https://www.google.co.uk/search?sour...=1567168947447
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-08-2019, 01:46 PM

Originally Posted by galty ->
Mups try this

That's kind of you Galty, but it was Zuleiker who needs it.
Hopefully she will see your link. Thank you.
Zuleika
North West UK
Zuleika is female  Zuleika has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-08-2019, 01:59 PM

Originally Posted by galty ->
Mups try this

galty ,thanks but I had already Googled hence this rant .
The problem is , despite eBay and Amazon selling it , all sellers are in Malaysia and are charging at least £8.90 for a small tube that would cost no more than £2 in this country .
Zuleika
North West UK

30-08-2019, 02:06 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
Just been searching for you, Zuleiker, and I can't find any either. How strange.

Would Savlon antiseptic cream do for you, do you think?
Mups , thanks but Savlon doesn't have the unique properties Dettol Cream has in it .
It isn't a matter of concern that I need the cream ,just that the expiry date had gone on my tube when I looked at it and anyway was down to the last bit .
I regularly check items in my medicine box ,do you?
Zuleika
North West UK

30-08-2019, 02:10 PM

Julie thanks for looking .
Looks like maybe the manufacturer, who used to do the cream , now only do Dettol household (wipes etc ) Plenty of those around
APRICOT
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
APRICOT is female  APRICOT has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-08-2019, 02:20 PM

I thought on the site Galty posted to you that £land sell it for £1 ?
Besoeker
Chatterbox
Doncaster, UK
Besoeker is male  Besoeker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-08-2019, 02:25 PM

Originally Posted by Zuleika ->
I've just discovered if I want to repurchase Dettol Antiseptic Cream ,which is, in my opinion simply the best and scores of others in sites I've looked at think so too, I would have to pay upwards of £ 8.99 per 30 grm tube plus postage to a company in Malaysia !
I cannot find a replacement in the UK containing the same germ fighting and healing properties this one has in it .
Why do manufacturers do this kind of thing ? Bottled Dettol after all is still available .
Falling sales would seem to be the obvious answer.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top