Join for free
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Tedc
Berkshire, UK
Tedc is male  Tedc has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-08-2019, 09:14 AM

Re: Grandchildren - do you always side with them?

Originally Posted by tarantula ->
I used to have a joke with a couple of my grandsons when they were younger about their mother, our middle daughter. They would moan about how mean their Mum was not letting them do something or other. I would tell them that as she was being so terrible I would contact the social services immediately and have them taken into care! It is funny how they suddenly realised their Mum wasn't being so unreasonable after all.
tarantule,

Ouch!

APRICOT
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
APRICOT is female  APRICOT has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-08-2019, 09:42 AM

I am a right push-over where my G/C are concerned TBH .
lol
MargaretF
Northamptonshire, UK
MargaretF is female  MargaretF has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-08-2019, 09:54 AM

I have never interfered with the way my son brought up our grandsons (now age 24 and 26) - I had enough interference when my sons were young and vowed I would never do the same - and I haven't. Not always easy but I kept well out of things.
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-08-2019, 09:57 AM

I would always say never overrule your children's instructions on how they bring up their children but, unless it will harm them, a packet of sweets or a little spending money is OK.

I do think it is good that children have caring grandparents, that they can talk to about any worries though..... just in case their parents are not up to doing a good job!
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-08-2019, 10:06 AM

I used to have a joke with a couple of my grandsons when they were younger about their mother, our middle daughter. They would moan about how mean their Mum was not letting them do something or other. I would tell them that as she was being so terrible I would contact the social services immediately and have them taken into care! It is funny how they suddenly realised their Mum wasn't being so unreasonable after all.
(Almost) unbelievably cruel.
APRICOT
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
APRICOT is female  APRICOT has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-08-2019, 10:43 AM

Tut, Tut
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-08-2019, 11:15 AM

Originally Posted by APRICOT ->
Tut, Tut
Oh I don't know sounded quite reasonable to me. No one gets hurt and peace restored.
APRICOT
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK

31-08-2019, 11:16 AM

Sounded rather odd to me ,but then--------.
lol
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-08-2019, 11:31 AM

I am fortunate that I can enjoy a lot of jokes with my grandchildren, especially about the senility of their parents, whom they consider very old indeed, even though they are only in their 40s. My daughters find it amusing too, and of course retaliate by telling their kids that their senile old granny will have the men in white coats taking her away very soon. I appreciate that sort of humour.
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-08-2019, 11:45 AM

I am fortunate that I can enjoy a lot of jokes with my grandchildren, especially about the senility of their parents, whom they consider very old indeed, even though they are only in their 40s. My daughters find it amusing too, and of course retaliate by telling their kids that their senile old granny will have the men in white coats taking her away very soon. I appreciate that sort of humour.
Maybe it's just me but even by my dubious and questionable standards I just don't find that in the least bit humorous.

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top