Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-04-2021, 04:15 PM

Re: Go Pro

Ok, just done my first Gopro Video, anyone know how to get an mp4 file into a post, with out having to Youtube it first?
Pixie Knuckles
Chatterbox
Scotland, UK
Pixie Knuckles is female  Pixie Knuckles has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-04-2021, 04:23 PM

This is just a pure a guess, but I think you do need to link from Youtube (or similar video site) first. No public website has the server space for holding an MP4 from a computer, that I'm aware of. I have seen it on personal websites where people pay for the space, but I doubt it could happen here. Its to do with compression, I think. You could Youtube it and make it private with a password? or just have it out in the open like Realspeed does.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-04-2021, 04:39 PM

I have a Youtube account but its titled in my own name, have to sort that first, or create another one.
Tubby
East Anglia
Tubby is male 

02-04-2021, 05:18 PM

Originally Posted by spitfire ->
I have a Youtube account but its titled in my own name, have to sort that first, or create another one.
Can't be too careful, someone I didn't know got from my Youtube channel into my Google accounts, I wasn't hacked but they found out all sorts of stuff. Nothing to hide but it's dangerous!
Pixie Knuckles
Chatterbox
Scotland, UK
Pixie Knuckles is female  Pixie Knuckles has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-04-2021, 05:20 PM

Originally Posted by Tubby ->
Can't be too careful, someone I didn't know got from my Youtube channel into my Google accounts, I wasn't hacked but they found out all sorts of stuff. Nothing to hide but it's dangerous!
Wow Tubby, that must have been a shock (weird too...why would they even do that?)
Tubby
East Anglia
Tubby is male 

02-04-2021, 06:05 PM

Yes I had shown a friend a video, they passed it on to someone else, the next thing was my friend saying they had looked at all my Google photos (Picassa I think) and some Google maps I'd done of some walks, which this other person had 'found'. I'm a bit paranoid of giving my real name etc now.
Pixie Knuckles
Chatterbox
Scotland, UK

02-04-2021, 06:11 PM

Originally Posted by Tubby ->
Yes I had shown a friend a video, they passed it on to someone else, the next thing was my friend saying they had looked at all my Google photos (Picassa I think) and some Google maps I'd done of some walks, which this other person had 'found'. I'm a bit paranoid of giving my real name etc now.
Yeah no wonder!! Poor you. That is a total breach of privacy! But then again....you could list everything as private so that nobody can access stuff without a password. Google is a bit of a bugger as far as privacy goes though.
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-04-2021, 07:03 PM

I use youtube all the time. Just being careful there is nothing worth "lifting" or objectable. Even at say a zoo if there are children about the camcorder goes in my pocket until the area is safe to use again.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top