Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom
Donkeyman is male  Donkeyman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-11-2020, 02:00 PM

Hol !! Again!!

The old farts are at it again ??
Trying to subvert the peoples will again !!
Time for a good culling l think, in preparation for next year when
lots of fundimental questions need to be asked and answered??
As l type this the BBC is broadcasting more anti Boris rubbish
about uk no longer being a world power due to Boris's Bill !!
What crap! Uk has not been a world power since the end of WW2??
What world have they been living in ??

Donkeyman! 👎😟👎
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-11-2020, 02:37 PM

Re: Hol !! Again!!

Hi

They are mostly political appointees.

Boris put loads of them in , but they are voting against him.
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-11-2020, 02:54 PM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

In where?
Zaphod
Lincs UK
Zaphod is male  Zaphod has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-11-2020, 02:55 PM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

Oh dear.
First, Boris appointed 36.
That's out of 800 sitting members, so hardly "loads".

Second, show us from the records who from those 36 voted against him before making your as-usual unverified allegations if you can?
Otherwise it is your opinion again and not a fact, and you already got your first one wrong.
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-11-2020, 03:06 PM

and back to the Lords unamended it goes .....
Percy Vere
Wilds and woolly wastes of Staffordshire, UK
Percy Vere is male  Percy Vere has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-11-2020, 04:35 PM

Originally Posted by Zaphod ->
Oh dear.
First, Boris appointed 36.
That's out of 800 sitting members, so hardly "loads".

Second, show us from the records who from those 36 voted against him before making your as-usual unverified allegations if you can?
Otherwise it is your opinion again and not a fact, and you already got your first one wrong.
I've just been trying to find the voting list for this, Zaphod, to save Swimmy the bother. Unlike the HoC, it seems to me that the HoL doesn't publish them - at least I couldn't find them after searching for them.
Zaphod
Lincs UK
Zaphod is male  Zaphod has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-11-2020, 04:54 PM

Originally Posted by Percy Vere ->
I've just been trying to find the voting list for this, Zaphod, to save Swimmy the bother. Unlike the HoC, it seems to me that the HoL doesn't publish them - at least I couldn't find them after searching for them.
You won't find them; that's another reason the Lords is so undemocratic & elitist.
I didn't bother explaining to "Swimmy" that Boris appointed mainly Brexiteers because when I point out such facts she ignores them.
Repeatedly.
Devo
SW UK
Devo is male  Devo has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-11-2020, 09:47 PM

Johnson's negotiating position is 'do as we say or we will break the law', is it any wonder the Lords have voted against such a half-arsed, self-defeating stance?
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-11-2020, 10:29 PM

Originally Posted by Devo ->
Johnson's negotiating position is 'do as we say or we will break the law', is it any wonder the Lords have voted against such a half-arsed, self-defeating stance?

Its nothing to do with breaking the law - the lords is full of cronies, tax dodgers and perverts anyway.

The lords is just a remainer echo chamber full of the EU architects like Ken Clark who dragged us unto this mess in the first place.

The single market bill protects Northern Ireland from EU rule - the real crime here is people like you who want to sell out their own countrymen.
Zaphod
Lincs UK

11-11-2020, 11:45 AM

Originally Posted by Bread ->
Its nothing to do with breaking the law - the lords is full of cronies, tax dodgers and perverts anyway.

The lords is just a remainer echo chamber full of the EU architects like Ken Clark who dragged us unto this mess in the first place.

The single market bill protects Northern Ireland from EU rule - the real crime here is people like you who want to sell out their own countrymen.

It never ceases to amaze me how - despite the years of trying since the referendum and the obvious rebuttal in the last General Election which saw Boris given such a large majority - such people remain obviously hell-bent on ignoring what the people of the country voted for.
Twice!

The House of Lords is ignoring what people voted for - hardly surprising when in their case they are so out-of-touch and in fairness just as Bread describes; full of cronies, tax dodgers and perverts".
Votes such as the one they recently took regarding the Withdrawal Act do not exactly persuade the average person in the street to view them any differently.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top