Join for free
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 > Last »
Myra
Chatterbox
my wee toon
Myra is female  Myra has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-02-2015, 04:21 PM

Another forum thread!

Yes, another good old forum thread

WHY did you join a forum? Was it and is it boredom? Why do some people have no interest in such "twaddle" as they put it, and why do some people spend all day on one? Do some people join just to cause a fight in an empty house? Are some lonely? Are some social phobics?

Are you ever sorry you joined in the first place? Is it addictive?
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-02-2015, 04:26 PM

Re: Another forum thread!

I'm here for distraction from health problems - the forum has also taught me a good deal too
stevmk2
Milton Keynes
stevmk2 is male  stevmk2 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-02-2015, 04:34 PM

Originally Posted by alice76 ->
WHY did you join a forum? Was it and is it boredom?
I'd joined two forums by 2008 but not been on them that much until 2009 when I got a boring job that left me with hours of nothing to do - I just had to be there so Yes, it was boredom at first but I found a lot of people that I liked on one forum so I kept it up.

I no longer belong to that forum after a member hounded me on it every time I posted then did the same on every other forum that I went on then did the same with my email address as I'd stupidly believed that he was a friend and gave it to him.

In the end the Police became involved but I still can't believe all that happened.

Tends to make me a little wary and a little too defensive. stevmk2
Myra
Chatterbox
my wee toon
Myra is female  Myra has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-02-2015, 04:37 PM

I was just chatting to my partner about it. He thinks because I'm a very chatty person and like different conversations, then that's why i join. He says he also thinks it can be very negative experience for me at times and I should rethink whether or not to stay. He's probably right. I'm happy enough at the moment.
stevmk2
Milton Keynes
stevmk2 is male  stevmk2 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-02-2015, 04:43 PM

Originally Posted by alice76 ->
I was just chatting to my partner about it. He thinks because I'm a very chatty person and like different conversations, then that's why i join. He says he also thinks it can be very negative experience for me at times and I should rethink whether or not to stay. He's probably right. I'm happy enough at the moment.
I think many of us get to that point alice.

I'm teetering again right now. stevmk2
Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland
Nom is male  Nom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-02-2015, 04:44 PM

Ive been on forums since 2003, most of them special interest forums, prior to that i was on a couple of MSN groups. Ive been a member of most of the over 50`s forums, most ive left for varied reasons, its safe to say im socially phobic to a degree at least i can exist here on the fringes. If it gets to onerous, then i take a break for a while.
Myra
Chatterbox
my wee toon

13-02-2015, 04:47 PM

Originally Posted by stevmk2 ->
I think many of us get to that point alice.

I'm teetering again right now. stevmk2
i know what you mean Steve, but nice people should stay
Suzuki Sue
Chatterbox
West Yorkshire
Suzuki Sue is female  Suzuki Sue has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-02-2015, 04:49 PM

It's my first forum and i love it, everyone's friendly so far..
And all the subjects and chat is varied, so that's a good thing.
I do like playing games and alway's been a fan and there's some good people to play with.
It cheers me up knowing there's alway's someone here to talk to
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-02-2015, 04:50 PM

I originally joined a forum in 2003 to share my interest in dogs with like minded people
Myra
Chatterbox
my wee toon

13-02-2015, 04:54 PM

Originally Posted by Suzuki Sue ->
It's my first forum and i love it, everyone's friendly so far..
And all the subjects and chat is varied, so that's a good thing.
I do like playing games and alway's been a fan and there's some good people to play with.
It cheers me up knowing there's alway's someone here to talk to
Yes, i like all the varied subjects Sue. it's good to chat about different things.

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top