Join for free
Page 2 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »
Eliza
Chatterbox
England
Eliza is female  Eliza has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-02-2015, 05:00 PM

Re: Another forum thread!

I was bored , lonely and Isolated when i went on my first Forum heard about it being for our age group .
Then there was trolls and nastiness , and i was told of another forum being set up , and i was invited on there .
Spent a lot of time on it and really enjoyed it till it started to change , so with my new confidence i went Surfing the net Ive mostly found nice people who like a natter and just enjoy and have laughs. Ive also met many too .

Alice theres bound to be times when you will feel like moving on , I do to at times and what ive found is my feet feel settled here so this is my Stopping ground but i still go on other forums just for a change.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-02-2015, 05:01 PM

I've been on forums and run forums since I found the internet, other people's opinions fascinate me. I like to chat and when I am not feeling too good pain wise they take my mind off that. I join different forums for different reasons, my Labrador forum is to talk about those special problems and joys come with owning one and my Chihuahua one I joined to find out where people got tiny clothes from as I was having trouble finding harnesses small enough for Betty.
I joined DS to talk about BB and then went on to find many more reasons to hang around there. Some nutters post there but also some very nice people.
I helped run a forum which was an off shoot of the ITV forum because that one was closing and many of us wanted to stay in touch.
The klinefelters forum I help with is to try and educate and help usually young men and their parents when they are first diagnosed and later when they are fighting their way through the NHS to try and get their mastectomies. Also it's to help with their sexuality confusions which due to society we live in is getting slightly easier these days.
The aspergers forum was originally to see if there had been any advances or treatments. But I hang around there to say it doesn't have to be all doom and gloom.
I joined here because some of the people I posted with on dogsey were here and I hoped an over 50s forum would be bit more grown up than DS - juries out on that one

Many forums, many reasons. I doubt you would find more than a handful on each forum with the same reasons.
Myra
Chatterbox
my wee toon
Myra is female  Myra has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-02-2015, 05:05 PM

I only came on forums after i was separated. I didn't feel the need for them before then. I've met some really good friends through forums. People that I've become very fond of and meet up with. It's been great from that point of view. Like everything else they have their good and bad points. They will be a godsend to people on their own who need a bit of company.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-02-2015, 05:07 PM

I guess I have never used them like that, I email a couple of people from several forums but have no desire to meet up. Too busy for one.
Myra
Chatterbox
my wee toon
Myra is female  Myra has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-02-2015, 05:08 PM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
I've been on forums and run forums since I found the internet, other people's opinions fascinate me. I like to chat and when I am not feeling too good pain wise they take my mind off that. I join different forums for different reasons, my Labrador forum is to talk about those special problems and joys come with owning one and my Chihuahua one I joined to find out where people got tiny clothes from as I was having trouble finding harnesses small enough for Betty.
I joined DS to talk about BB and then went on to find many more reasons to hang around there. Some nutters post there but also some very nice people.
I helped run a forum which was an off shoot of the ITV forum because that one was closing and many of us wanted to stay in touch.
The klinefelters forum I help with is to try and educate and help usually young men and their parents when they are first diagnosed and later when they are fighting their way through the NHS to try and get their mastectomies. Also it's to help with their sexuality confusions which due to society we live in is getting slightly easier these days.
The aspergers forum was originally to see if there had been any advances or treatments. But I hang around there to say it doesn't have to be all doom and gloom.
I joined here because some of the people I posted with on dogsey were here and I hoped an over 50s forum would be bit more grown up than DS - juries out on that one

Many forums, many reasons. I doubt you would find more than a handful on each forum with the same reasons.
Sounds like some interesting forums Julie. A good mix of subjects.
Victors Mate
Fondly Remembered
Planet Earth
Victors Mate is male  Victors Mate has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-02-2015, 05:10 PM

Originally Posted by alice76 ->
Yes, another good old forum thread

WHY did you join a forum?
That's a question I ask my self frequently "Why did I join a forum". Usually this occurs shortly before I scream out loud, utter profane words and bang my head on the nearest available wall.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-02-2015, 05:12 PM

Originally Posted by Victors Mate ->
That's a question I ask my self frequently "Why did I join a forum". Usually this occurs shortly before I scream out loud, utter profane words and bang my head on the nearest available wall.

Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-02-2015, 06:02 PM

Well, like Julie I join various forums for the subject matter.

Gardening
Us older folk
The Professionals (the old Bodie & Doyle prog)
AV (audio visual - for technical help)
Some tv ones, yes DS too but I didn't enjoy it much

I found a list the other day, made recently, of forums I belong to and it seems quite a long one! Wish I could remember where I put it.

I just love 'chatting' to people, getting their opinions, their thoughts. Spose it's a way of relieving the pressure and stress of the real life, as I live alone and have no one to talk to. If I've exhausted friends/family to ring, then I know I can come onto a forum and there will always be someone there.

And finding out about things. It all helps, IMO.
stevmk2
Milton Keynes
stevmk2 is male  stevmk2 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-02-2015, 06:07 PM

Originally Posted by Jazzi ->
Well, like Julie I join various forums for the subject matter.
And finding out about things. It all helps, IMO.
Now that's a really handy one Jazzi - can't tell you how many times things I've seen on forums have helped me. stevmk2
Cass
NL
Cass is female  Cass has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-02-2015, 06:09 PM

I like chatting to people but I love the way I can dip in and out as and when I please.

Ive been involved in several over the years bullied away from one and drifted from another after noticing a clique that constantly behaved in a negative way toward one poster in particular even though he did nothing wrong.

I belong to a couple now and joined this one because I was bored of the lipstick powder and music choices on one of the forums where the average age seems to have dropped to about 12.

Page 2 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top