Join for free
Page 3 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-02-2015, 06:14 PM

Re: Another forum thread!

Originally Posted by Cass ->
I like chatting to people but I love the way I can dip in and out as and when I please.

Ive been involved in several over the years bullied away from one and drifted from another after noticing a clique that constantly behaved in a negative way toward one poster in particular even though he did nothing wrong.

I belong to a couple now and joined this one because I was bored of the lipstick powder and music choices on one of the forums where the average age seems to have dropped to about 12.
So what's your favourite lipstick colour Cass ?
MKJ
Chatterbox
UK
MKJ is male  MKJ has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-02-2015, 06:58 PM

Well, I joined forums as I had a massive build up of ideas with no-where to give vent to them. Facebook was impossible to get any sort of discussion going - and believe me I tried. I think anyone with half a brain needs to express themselves in deeper and more meaningful ways than the nonsense perpetuated (and expected) on the big old Facebook. My mistake probably as I should have joined in some groups or other. Anyhoo - I've certainly got a lot of my chest by joining this forum especially; and it has done me a great deal of good .
Rachel
Chatterbox
UK
Rachel is female  Rachel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-02-2015, 07:17 PM

I first joined a Genealogy forum which was in its infancy. Never used a computer before and I had no intention of chatting with anyone. Far too shy.

7 years later, widowed and altered in many ways, I can chat away merrily and I have learned to be concise, which is something I value.
Had I not joined that forum, I may never have started photo restoration, which became my passion for several years. It was a love/hate thing ... as I believe all passions are for me.
Myra
Chatterbox
my wee toon
Myra is female  Myra has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-02-2015, 07:29 PM

I like chatting to people but I love the way I can dip in and out as and when I please.

Ive been involved in several over the years bullied away from one and drifted from another after noticing a clique that constantly behaved in a negative way toward one poster in particular even though he did nothing wrong.

I belong to a couple now and joined this one because I was bored of the lipstick powder and music choices on one of the forums where the average age seems to have dropped to about 12.
Cass, I think that's a foregone conclusion on forums. I've been on 3, and they all have the same characteristics.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-02-2015, 07:38 PM

Cass I think it has to be remembered that although a poster may seem 'to do nothing wrong' most members don't get to see the real nastiness some people display in their posts because they breaks the rules of many forums and have to be removed.

A few may see the posts in question before they are removed and word gets around.
Myra
Chatterbox
my wee toon
Myra is female  Myra has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-02-2015, 07:40 PM

Originally Posted by Rachel ->
I first joined a Genealogy forum which was in its infancy. Never used a computer before and I had no intention of chatting with anyone. Far too shy.

7 years later, widowed and altered in many ways, I can chat away merrily and I have learned to be concise, which is something I value.
Had I not joined that forum, I may never have started photo restoration, which became my passion for several years. It was a love/hate thing ... as I believe all passions are for me.
Youre one of the lovely people Rachel. Genealogy is my partner's thing. It's fascinating and interesting and I should join something like that too. Something interesting.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-02-2015, 07:41 PM

My first forum was a cat forum in 2003 and my second was OFF in 2009, because I qualified for it
Myra
Chatterbox
my wee toon

13-02-2015, 07:43 PM

Originally Posted by Patsy ->
So what's your favourite lipstick colour Cass ?
Mines is 006 Rimmel Cheap and cheerful
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-02-2015, 07:44 PM

Originally Posted by alice76 ->
Mines is 006 Rimmel Cheap and cheerful

Oooo - like me then
Graham
South Hampshire
Graham is male  Graham has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-02-2015, 07:45 PM

I am in at least 30 forums. Most of them technical but a lot are for photography, 3d modelling, PC & Ipad ones and a astronomical and scientific ones. I also belong to a few other 50's forums but seldom post on them.

I am here because its nice to have somewhere to go on the internet which isn't part of the above.

Page 3 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top