Join for free
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Anita
Midlands, UK
Anita is female  Anita has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-02-2015, 08:50 PM

Re: Quandary!

Originally Posted by Silver Tabby ->
Thank you all so much for your advice.

Deciding that leaving it to fester would only make it worse, I screwed up my courage and phoned them this evening. Took a jokey approach - I'm just ringing up to tell you why I'm not speaking to you - sort of thing. Abject apologies all round and we are all still friends.

Is it too early to have a large gin and tonic?
So glad to hear, you would feel so much worse if you had taken an angry approach and lost your friends.
Misunderstandings happen, at worst they were thoughtless but good friendship survives the bumpy bits.
Hope you had that G&T and enjoyed it!
orangutan
Chatterbox
Another world
orangutan is female  orangutan has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-02-2015, 12:25 AM

Well done, ST. It sounds as though you handled it admirably. Hope you enjoyed that G&T (or two!).
Mr Ploppy
Chatterbox
Perth Western Australia, 3rd house on the right
Mr Ploppy is male  Mr Ploppy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-02-2015, 08:36 AM

Thank you all so much for your advice.

Deciding that leaving it to fester would only make it worse, I screwed up my courage and phoned them this evening. Took a jokey approach - I'm just ringing up to tell you why I'm not speaking to you - sort of thing. Abject apologies all round and we are all still friends.

Is it too early to have a large gin and tonic?
So, when are they coming around again, or not?
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-02-2015, 09:28 AM

I think it would depend if the two friends made a joint decision not to turn up, if this was the case, ignore them both, this would have the "Hallmark" of a clique.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-02-2015, 09:51 PM

They came to see me earlier today - and brought me a bottle of Jameson's - everything is quite definitely forgiven!!
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-02-2015, 10:52 PM

There you are, isn’t that far better than falling out, I always find it doesn’t pay to be too hasty and a bottle of Jemmy thrown it!, cheers!
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-02-2015, 11:35 PM

Cheers, Jem, just enjoyed a large one!
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-02-2015, 08:42 AM

Cheers, Jem, just enjoyed a large one!
Ooh er Missus.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!

20-02-2015, 11:10 AM

I knew I should have rephrased that, Spitfire, you rascal !
Myra
Chatterbox
my wee toon
Myra is female  Myra has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-02-2015, 11:13 AM

They came to see me earlier today - and brought me a bottle of Jameson's - everything is quite definitely forgiven!!

You sound such a lovely person ST and I'm so glad it's all been sorted out between you and your friends

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top