Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Myra
Chatterbox
my wee toon
Myra is female  Myra has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-02-2015, 12:40 PM

is it really just me?

I've started using the launderette facility attached to our flats. We pay a maintenance fee each month. I use it in the evenings when it's for those who work during the day. My two slots are when I'm working, so I've started taking advantage of the evening. I stick rigidly to the programme times, knowing other tenants might be ready to use the machine. Anyway, I went down the other evening and my washing obviously had just finished and was chucked in a metal basin by someone. Their washing was in the machine. I could never have done that to some else's washing. It clearly tells you the time left on the programme. Its put me off to be honest. Is it just me?
Older git
Chatterbox
South Lincs
Older git is male  Older git has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-02-2015, 12:48 PM

Re: is it really just me?

Bad form-if one is going to empty it at least they could have ironed it for you
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-02-2015, 12:56 PM

I know what you mean, we have communal washing lines and it's quite common to see someone has taken someone else's washing off the line to peg their own out, they just sling it on the raised garden area so the other persons washing needs to be done again. Main reason I dry all mine indoors winter and summer
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-02-2015, 12:57 PM

I remember when Dad lived in sheltered housing with a laundry facility it was a regular occurrence to find washing thrown out just anywhere.
I used to time ours as closely as I could but that didn't stop some people taking it out of the driers sometimes while it was still wet

It used to make me cross because if I found a full drier which had stopped/finished and I wanted to use it I would carefully fold the washing and put it on a basket on top of the drier.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-02-2015, 02:21 PM

If anyone treated my washing like that, I'd run their fingers through the Mangle.
Suzuki Sue
Chatterbox
West Yorkshire
Suzuki Sue is female  Suzuki Sue has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-02-2015, 02:22 PM

I can't believe what some people will do, it's like being abused. They should be some rules on Launderette etiquette, or someone watching that things are running smoothly, and buzz or call you on your telecom system
Suzuki Sue
Chatterbox
West Yorkshire
Suzuki Sue is female  Suzuki Sue has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-02-2015, 02:23 PM

Originally Posted by spitfire ->
If anyone treated my washing like that, I'd run their fingers through the Mangle.

Ha Ha good one! Or push them in the Drier
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-02-2015, 02:23 PM

Its not just you Alice - its a bloomin nightmare for us too
Its the downside of communal living - I know I shall blow me top one day
I thought (stupidly) the older generation would be more considerate - how wrong that was !
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-02-2015, 03:23 PM

I think if I had facilities like that I would do what I used to when using campsite washing facilities and take a camp chair to sit on and a good book to read and just wait for it to finish. No one would dare to empty it with you sitting there !
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-02-2015, 04:44 PM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
I think if I had facilities like that I would do what I used to when using campsite washing facilities and take a camp chair to sit on and a good book to read and just wait for it to finish. No one would dare to empty it with you sitting there !
If they ever dare - they will not do it twice, I've a feeling they know that .......................

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top