Join for free
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
mesco m
manchester
mesco m is female  mesco m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-02-2015, 02:15 PM

Re: back in my day!

I don't know if this one was unique to my mother but she said it often to my older brother who was a right poser. "If you look in that mirror any longer you might see the devil looking over your shoulder". Her way of telling him he was vain
Anita
Midlands, UK
Anita is female  Anita has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-02-2015, 02:22 PM

Re: back in my day!

Mothers can say some cruel things, intentionally or unintentionally.

My Mother never said 'come here so I can give you a slap' she knew she would have to catch me first.

The one thing that sticks in my mind that I said and regretted to my daughter was when she dropped some of her food on the floor while eating her dinner.

I said 'ok now you can get down and lick it up', I then went to get a dust pan and brush from a cupboard and when I came back she was licking her dinner off the floor, so I shouted 'what are you doing licking the dirty floor' and realised too late she had taken me seriously when I had been joking, she was only about 3 and I did feel bad. She was actually a very tidy and good eater bless her.

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top