Join for free
Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland
Nom is male  Nom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-02-2015, 03:32 PM

Re: A Miracle ...

No i dont believe in miracles, just coincidences that life throws up. Of course if one happens i will let you know.
stevmk2
Milton Keynes
stevmk2 is male  stevmk2 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-02-2015, 05:55 PM

Originally Posted by sugarbug ->
In your life have you ever experienced some sort of miracle ...
Something so amazing or unbelievable that you were afraid to talk abut it ...Thinking that people might think you are a wee bit crazy ... Here is your chance ... to tell us all your big secret ... Some members might think you are still a wee bit crazy ... That is uncontrollable .. Seriously please share your
amazing story ...
We can all benifit you share your story and we get to laugh .
OK.
I'll tell you about something that happened to me and a workmate called Seamus in Iran.

We were sent out do some work at a large Gas facility that had been completed the previous year as we were working on another one at a place called Pazanan.

This facility was on a high plateau with a precarious "road" with horrifying drops and no crash barriers whatsoever.

We went up, did the work and were driving VERY carefully and slowly down this rubble-strewn track in an ancient 1965 Landrover when a wheel went bouncing down the track, overtaking us before it launched into space a dropped about 350 feet into the void - it was our nearside rear wheel.

The rear end of the Landrover dropped and for all intents and purposes we have no brakes from then-on.

Our only method of slowing our decent on this winding track was to drive the landrover so that it ground against the bank and - hopefully - slowed our decent.

After about 100 yards the right-hand side of the landrover hand been ripped off by the rock wall so we had to steer INTO this to try to decrease our decent but we were not having much luck at all and had decided to jump for it and hope that we could grab something - anything - to stop ourselves going over the cliff.

Just as the landrover careened off the rock for the last time and headed for the edge with us still in it there was an ominous grinding - and it stopped.

Seamus and I jumped out as quickly as possible just as there was a loud twang and the landrover shot off and over the cliff - with my tape of Pink Floyd's Ummagumma still playing in the cassette player still strapped to the dash.

Sometime in the past we had somehow picked up a piece of steel hawser on the back axle without being aware of it.

This had caught around a tiny shrub just as we lost control of the landrover but held held just long enough to give us time to get clear.

Seamus and I lay there in the dust, recovering but for some time we both thought we were the luckiest people in the world.

We had to thumb it back to camp and, when we arrived, Seamus was told that he was a father for the first time.

His son was born exactly at the time we both nearly died on a mountain in Iran.

Whether you wish to believe that or not is entirely up to you - it happened. stevmk2
Suzuki Sue
Chatterbox
West Yorkshire
Suzuki Sue is female  Suzuki Sue has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-02-2015, 07:05 PM

Here goes then...
At Christmas i decided to buy a new Christmas Tree, and when it arrived i put it up and dressed it with baubles and tree lights. I thought i'll turn them on and take a picture. So i did, and later on i uploaded it with some other's i'd taken earlier. When i was going through them i noticed the Tree picture and said what's that?? When i zoomed in closely they was a Spiritual Orb, and i got a bit scared and thought it could be Mum coming back to say " Hello your tree looks nice ". I went on to Google Images and looked up Spiritual Orbs and they looked just the same as mine. And it said that they only appear on Camera Photo's... Spooky or what!
Victors Mate
Fondly Remembered
Planet Earth
Victors Mate is male  Victors Mate has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-02-2015, 07:36 PM

The first and most compelling incident happened several weeks after my love’s passing. It was late evening, early night I was laying in bed eyes closed but not yet sleeping when a voice said “Shift up six its cold out here.” Without thinking I shifted up and felt the edge of the bed lower. I lay there with my eyes still closed and then I opened my eyes and the incident ceased. I often what would have happened had I kept my eye closed. I must explain the expression used was completely my love's way of speaking and the words used were words she would have used.

The second incident concerned the microwave or rather the instruction booklet that came with it. The kitchen was mainly my domain but I never used the microwave except for reheating the occasional forgotten cup of cold coffee or tea. Some six months after I became a widower I needed to use the microwave but couldn’t work out what programme I needed or how to set it. I have very many cook books, some on a bookshelf in the kitchen, some between two book-ends on a kitchen worktop and some between two book-ends on top of the upright freezer. I could not find the instruction book anywhere in spite of pulling all the books out from their various places and searching through them. I gave up but more than week later whilst I was in the main room there was a crash from the kitchen as one of the book-ends slipped and all the books fell to the floor and right on the very top was the missing instruction book.

There have been many more smaller incidents for instance when I have been wondering what to cook there was an intense smell of celery when there was no celery in my home, central heating coming on at odd times way outside the times set and so on.

Enough to make me wonder whether there are attempt to communicate or whether I am just being fanciful.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-02-2015, 07:45 PM

@VM
I have had many similar experiences to yours VM - some will say coincidence, but in your heart 'you know'
Its a feeling that goes with it, you cannot explain
Victors Mate
Fondly Remembered
Planet Earth
Victors Mate is male  Victors Mate has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-02-2015, 07:47 PM

Originally Posted by Patsy ->
@VM
I have had many similar experiences to yours VM - some will say coincidence, but in your heart 'you know'
Its a feeling that goes with it, you cannot explain
Exactly so Patsy.
Suzuki Sue
Chatterbox
West Yorkshire
Suzuki Sue is female  Suzuki Sue has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-02-2015, 07:50 PM

Originally Posted by Victors Mate ->
The first and most compelling incident happened several weeks after my love’s passing. It was late evening, early night I was laying in bed eyes closed but not yet sleeping when a voice said “Shift up six its cold out here.” Without thinking I shifted up and felt the edge of the bed lower. I lay there with my eyes still closed and then I opened my eyes and the incident ceased. I often what would have happened had I kept my eye closed. I must explain the expression used was completely my love's way of speaking and the words used were words she would have used.

The second incident concerned the microwave or rather the instruction booklet that came with it. The kitchen was mainly my domain but I never used the microwave except for reheating the occasional forgotten cup of cold coffee or tea. Some six months after I became a widower I needed to use the microwave but couldn’t work out what programme I needed or how to set it. I have very many cook books, some on a bookshelf in the kitchen, some between two book-ends on a kitchen worktop and some between two book-ends on top of the upright freezer. I could not find the instruction book anywhere in spite of pulling all the books out from their various places and searching through them. I gave up but more than week later whilst I was in the main room there was a crash from the kitchen as one of the book-ends slipped and all the books fell to the floor and right on the very top was the missing instruction book.

There have been many more smaller incidents for instance when I have been wondering what to cook there was an intense smell of celery when there was no celery in my home, central heating coming on at odd times way outside the times set and so on.

Enough to make me wonder whether there are attempt to communicate or whether I am just being fanciful.
Hi, sorry for your loss, i think she must be with you and helping you overcome your sadness. Also our minds do play tricks, but don't worry
sugarbug
canada
sugarbug is female  sugarbug has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-02-2015, 08:06 PM

Suzuki Sue ... I had a weird thing like that... happen to me too ...
I went on vacation with my mother and my husband ...

My mother always went to church ever
Tuesday to the Mother of Perpetual help novena...
We were in the maritimes .. and there was a Mother of Perpetual
help church ...
When I took a photo of here standing
in front of the church ... ...I seen a cross just
above my mother head ...
When the photo were developed there was no cross there ....
I am trying to google the church right now ..
to see if there is a cross on it ..
Not sure if my eyes were playing trick on me ...
Markey1
London
Markey1 is male  Markey1 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-02-2015, 08:27 PM

It's not a miracle , but something I can't explain , when my older brother was murdered , the police knock on my door at 4am to tell me the news , don't know why but large part of me thought no, they made a mistake it's somebody else , even when I went to the morgue to identify the body , I still thought it's not true , I had this feeling for months , till one day I was half a sleep on the sofa , I heard the door open and foot steps Walking towards me , then I heard the words , I have gone , don't worry we be together again one day , and he kissed me on the cheek, with that I kind of woke up , and my cheek was red hot were he kissed me , but from that time I accepted that my brother was gone , and carried on living a normal life again , I don't know if it was a dream or it was real , but it felt so real at the time
Anita
Midlands, UK
Anita is female  Anita has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-02-2015, 08:35 PM

Originally Posted by Eliza ->
It was amazing to me that after 17 years of trying for a second child it happened without any help from Hospital intervention.
Pleased that happened for you Eliza.

Markey your story sent a little shiver up my spine, I hope that was indeed your brother and you are together again one day.

Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top