Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-05-2019, 09:52 PM

Re: What’s With All The Balloons In Supermarkets Recently?

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
My local Morrison’s has had a refit.
Previously, you walked into the store and you were greeted with fruit and veg, meat and other foodstuff.
So why have they still got the fruit and veg but plonked in the middle, is a new section filled with helium filled balloons? There is something for every occasion. You see people walking about with giant inflated animals or balloons with numbers on, on a string!

Why isn’t this balloon section situated at the end of the store and not plonked in amongst the foodstuff?

I go to a supermarket to buy food, so l find helium filled balloons in the midst, quite bizarre!
Maybe this is progression and l am out of touch?
What do you think?
If they were full of Helium, surely if not tethered, the Balloons would have been on the ceiling.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-05-2019, 09:54 PM

And, Speaking like Donald Duck.
Primus1
York
Primus1 is male  Primus1 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-05-2019, 10:10 PM

Reminds me of when a mummy and daddy balloon were in bed with their little boy balloon, during the night the little boy balloon decided to undo mummy balloons knot, then he undid daddy balloons knot , and finally,he undid his own knot, in the morning the daddy balloon was very cross, and said to him..”” you’ve let me down, your mother down but more importantly you’ve let yourself down” ....
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire

22-05-2019, 10:12 PM

Well at least the family had a final "Blowout".
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-05-2019, 10:27 PM

This isn’t a pic of my local Morrison’s supermarket but this is from another store with the same Balloon section...

Attached Thumbnails (Click to enlarge)
Click image for larger version

Name:	09EB59E7-0594-4917-BA19-7A38BDC29EDB.jpg
Views:	55
Size:	50.7 KB
ID:	9637   Click image for larger version

Name:	00CE096D-FCC4-4A8B-9192-E901AD05DFE0.jpeg
Views:	59
Size:	26.8 KB
ID:	9638  
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-05-2019, 10:30 PM

Originally Posted by Primus1 ->
Reminds me of when a mummy and daddy balloon were in bed with their little boy balloon, during the night the little boy balloon decided to undo mummy balloons knot, then he undid daddy balloons knot , and finally,he undid his own knot, in the morning the daddy balloon was very cross, and said to him..”” you’ve let me down, your mother down but more importantly you’ve let yourself down” ....
Primus, Such a silly joke but ever so funny!
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-05-2019, 11:02 PM

Originally Posted by Primus1 ->
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-05-2019, 11:04 PM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
This isn’t a pic of my local Morrison’s supermarket but this is from another store with the same Balloon section...
Do they do that Dino in green, I'd love a green one?
Ray Cathode
Scotland, UK (but not EU)
Ray Cathode is male  Ray Cathode has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-05-2019, 11:08 PM

They have balloons in our Morrisons. Some prefilled and tethered beside the kiosk but I think the have others they will fill on demand.
Psmith
melbourne australia
Psmith is male  Psmith has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-05-2019, 06:18 AM

Seems irresponsible to me.There's enough evidence to suggest that balloons of any sort are not good for animals or the environment.

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top