Join for free
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Bratti
Chatterbox
Canada
Bratti is female  Bratti has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-05-2019, 10:15 PM

Re: What makes you feel uncomfortable?

What situations make me uncomfortable?
ALL situations involving other people with the exception of my husband.
I really dislike being around people. I wish I weren’t like this but I am.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-05-2019, 10:16 PM

A like minded person.

If said person is in the same village.

I'm the only Philosopher in the Village.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-05-2019, 10:20 PM

In recent years I have become really uncomfortable in a crowded supermarket. I am ok sometimes but others it just feels like people are walking into me and the noise and bright lights do my head in. I never used to feel like this and put it down to being over 50!

I also hate having my hair dried at the hairdressers. They make such a meal of what takes me under five mins in the morning.

When I was a teen I used to hate communal changing rooms in clothes shops. They don't seem to have them any more thank goodness!
Bratti
Chatterbox
Canada
Bratti is female  Bratti has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-05-2019, 10:24 PM

What? Communal changing rooms in clothes shops. I’ve never heard of that before. Only in gyms,indoor pools skating rinks etc.,
I’d have disliked them also. Awkward !
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-05-2019, 10:32 PM

Originally Posted by Bratti ->
What? Communal changing rooms in clothes shops. I’ve never heard of that before. Only in gyms,indoor pools skating rinks etc.,
I’d have disliked them also. Awkward !
Bratti this was the norm in the discount chains that you'd go to as a student. It was disgusting having to get your kit off in front of a room of strangers but they all felt just as bad.

I've never been to Canada so not sure whether you have them there too, but in the US they had those really big gaps at the bottom of public toilet doors. So anyone can just come under the gap and have a good look at you on the toilet! That was quite a shock when I first went to the US in the late 80s. You go to the loo at the airport when you land and you feel really insecure!
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom

23-05-2019, 10:36 PM

We had communal gym class changing rooms at my girls' school and it's amazing at 13 what skills you gain in changing under a skirt without anyone seeing your underwear. It's a skill that is really useful when you have to change into your bikini on the beach in later years!
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-05-2019, 11:36 PM

Originally Posted by Bratti ->
What situations make me uncomfortable?
ALL situations involving other people with the exception of my husband.
I really dislike being around people. I wish I weren’t like this but I am.
Likewise Bratti. We're all the same wavelength here although I think we would rather feel more at ease with our circumstances in these situations.
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-05-2019, 11:39 PM

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
Bratti this was the norm in the discount chains that you'd go to as a student. It was disgusting having to get your kit off in front of a room of strangers but they all felt just as bad.

I've never been to Canada so not sure whether you have them there too, but in the US they had those really big gaps at the bottom of public toilet doors. So anyone can just come under the gap and have a good look at you on the toilet! That was quite a shock when I first went to the US in the late 80s. You go to the loo at the airport when you land and you feel really insecure!
But only the weirdest perverts would do that Annie surely? We all look the same on the toilet, give or take....

Talking of toilets, back to the title and a warm toilet seat is slightly unnerving. Someone has just been there
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-05-2019, 12:30 AM

Hi

Never really any problems when I was working, used to being in the papers, on the radio etc, just a man in a suit.

Occasionally on TV, but totally forgettable, a nonentity, a source of amusement to my kids.

Then things changed, the digital age, Politicians wanting to show what they were doing, which was sod all themselves, the PR Gurus in charge.

Blair and Co, a nightmare, fantasy over reality.

Then along came Theresa May, Home Secretary, difficult to think of anyone worse than Blair, but she beat him hands down.

She absolutely destroyed your protection, no chance of arguing with her, her way or no way.

Cast your mind back, so many so called reality programmes on TV about the Police, Enforcement Officers, etc, started when she was in charge.

I was the subject of one, much against my will.

Edited from here to Kingdom Come.

A complete travesty of reality.
Cache
East Anglia
Cache is female  Cache has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-05-2019, 01:12 AM

I don't like having too many people around me, it makes me feel like I'm unable to breathe, yet I'm outwardly sociable. I go through phases of not wanting to be around people at all, but then after a while I start socializing again.
I think I get SAD as I'm a hermit in winter months.

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top