Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Azure
Chatterbox
South Glos
Azure is female  Azure has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-05-2019, 06:15 PM

Did He Really say That?

"Not To-night Josephine"

He was not that short but 5ft 7inc as were many Frenchmen in that era.
Pyxell
South of England
Pyxell is female  Pyxell has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-05-2019, 06:21 PM

Re: Did He Really say That?

Apparently there is no evidence he said that, and one source said the earliest reference to the phrase was in 1911, 90 years after he died!

Apparently Josephine was an unfaithful minx who got up to all sorts, so if he did say it, maybe it was because he didn't want to catch anything!
Bratti
Chatterbox
Canada
Bratti is female  Bratti has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-05-2019, 07:11 PM

Ouch! That’s harsh.
Pyxell
South of England
Pyxell is female  Pyxell has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-05-2019, 07:57 PM

Originally Posted by Bratti ->
Ouch! That’s harsh.
He might well have said that, actually!
Aerolor
Chatterbox
UK
Aerolor is female  Aerolor has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-05-2019, 07:57 PM

I think I read somewhere that Napoleon didn't like his women to be washed beforehand. He liked them all sweaty and smelly. Is that because he was French do you think.
Pyxell
South of England

23-05-2019, 07:58 PM

Originally Posted by Aerolor ->
I think I read somewhere that Napoleon didn't like his women to be washed beforehand. He liked them all sweaty and smelly. Is that because he was French do you think.
Some people like the natural pheromones.
Bratti
Chatterbox
Canada
Bratti is female  Bratti has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-05-2019, 08:24 PM

Originally Posted by Aerolor ->
Originally Posted by Pyxell ->
Some people like the natural pheromones.

I knew a woman who dated a much younger man and he preferred her to wear no deodorant so she didn’t.
I personally don’t understand that in the least.
Most of us are trying to stay as fresh and clean as possible.
This makes no sense to me whatsoever but I suppose that’s why it’s considered some type of fettish.
Pyxell
South of England

23-05-2019, 08:29 PM

Originally Posted by Bratti ->

I knew a woman who dated a much younger man and he preferred her to wear no deodorant so she didn’t.
I personally don’t understand that in the least.
Most of us are trying to stay as fresh and clean as possible.
This makes no sense to me whatsoever but I suppose that’s why it’s considered some type of fettish.
Washing away our natural odour is a very modern thing, after all. I mean, on a primeval level we also communicated via pheromones, so some would say we've lost something by washing them away.

Animals rely on them, after all!
Bratti
Chatterbox
Canada

23-05-2019, 08:34 PM

Originally Posted by Pyxell ->
Washing away our natural odour is a very modern thing, after all. I mean, on a primeval level we also communicated via pheromones, so some would say we've lost something by washing them away.

Animals rely on them, after all!
Yeahhhh. You could write this out thirty different ways and it still won’t change my natural disgust.
In previous centuries bathing was considered a luxury. Many only bathed twice a year. I wouldn’t have survived in that era
No chance
No way
Just NO! Lol

And then they wore the same layered clothes over and over again. Can you imagine someone with extreme OCD germ phobia. But then again, perhaps this is a new mental disorder
I dunno . Don’t get me overthinking this. LOL
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-05-2019, 09:25 PM

However if everyone was the same ( smelly) most people wouldn't notice !
Also it was so blooming cold a lot of the time people probaby didn't sweat too much .

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top