Join for free
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-05-2019, 07:51 PM

Re: Run of bad luck

Thank you everyone for your kind words, Ruthio, those hugs are very welcome.

He's got some agency numbers he is going to ring round tomorrow, all is not lost, just have to try keep positive, we'll manage as people hit upon hard times all the time and something crops up.

I'll say what I always tell my friends and family when they hit upon hard times............life wont always be like this, it will get better.

Thanks again guys for allowing me to offload, it always does me good to know I can come here.
susan m
DORSET UK
susan m is female  susan m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-05-2019, 08:31 PM

LQ just wanted to say i really hope your luck changes soon , how very upsetting for you both .

Thinking of you .
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-05-2019, 09:11 PM

Horrible news Lion Queen, I know a little bit how he feels, I was made redundant twice, once after 25 years in the same job, and again after only six years. Although I was only fifty nobody wanted engineers any more and all the engineering companies round here were closing.

So I bought a van and worked for myself doing courier work.
It wasn't easy and work was scarce until you get yourself known....

I do hope your hubby can find a job LQ and give him all my best wishes. Go and enjoy your holiday and come back refreshed. Pyxells idea seems ideal, try and get your story printed in the local paper where it can be seen. There are still some good people out there who I'm sure will give him a chance.
Besoeker
Chatterbox
Doncaster, UK
Besoeker is male  Besoeker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-05-2019, 09:19 PM

LQ, life throws you some curved balls and you seem to have had your unfair share of them from circumstances outside your control.

At least you are taking positive steps. I wish you both well.
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-05-2019, 12:05 AM

Oh LQ, I really do feel for you. Losing a job is the most awful thing to happen and your husband certainly doesn't deserve it. I hope he's successful in finding more work

You have had far too much bad luck recently and it's simply not deserved. You're a lovely person and I know you will pull through this. Keep strong and enjoy the holiday
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-05-2019, 12:16 AM

LQ, That is devastating news for both of you. Let’s hope as one door closes, another one will open.
I do hope so. xx
Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States
Surfermom is female  Surfermom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-05-2019, 04:14 AM

LQ, I'm so sorry the world is piling on right now.

Your husband sounds resilient, and he is most fortunate to have you at his side.

Enjoy your trip and try not to worry. Things will work out.

carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-05-2019, 08:20 AM

So sorry to here this Queenie. x
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-05-2019, 08:25 AM

So sorry LQ....I wish I had a magic wand and I could put it all right for you I know it's difficult to stay optimistic but things have a way of turning up i really hope thats the case here......big hugs from me xx
keezoy
Australia
keezoy is male  keezoy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-05-2019, 09:29 AM

Yes! what they all said. And lots lots more. From Oz I am sending you tons of good luck wishes and crossed fingers that you will both get the break you need very soon.

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top