Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
longfellow
Chatterbox
Penthouse in Essex overlooking the Thames.
longfellow is male  longfellow has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-05-2019, 04:24 PM

Re: Popular Forums scrapped!!

Originally Posted by carol ->
Saga Zone, Your's, Seniority and others I don't know about - as well as 'chat' rooms linked to the internet provider.

When I started out Wanadoo has a lot of 'chat rooms!!

Why did they all disappear? It wasn't through lack of users!
Facebook killed them off.
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-05-2019, 05:13 PM

There's always a few who spoil it for the others.

It seems members making racist/bullying comments shut Saga Zone down..

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...-comments.html
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-05-2019, 07:16 PM

It really was the saddest day when Sagazone closed down but l suppose, every dog has its day!
I remember, very young moderators were running it at the time because the main one was on Maternity Leave. They couldn’t control it and it just got worse.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-05-2019, 11:32 PM

The moderation was appalling cliques ruled and the anti Semitism was terrible .
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-05-2019, 12:38 AM

Originally Posted by Lion Queen ->
I used to be a member there, I think it was there I played upwords, brilliant game , I really miss it, we used to have tournaments x
Yes there were backgammon tournaments too...I don't remember upwords Queenie but the site was really good
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-05-2019, 12:40 AM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
It really was the saddest day when Sagazone closed down but l suppose, every dog has its day!
I remember, very young moderators were running it at the time because the main one was on Maternity Leave. They couldn’t control it and it just got worse.
I didn't even know Sagazone existed till it closed and members were looking for other forums to join.
Pyxell
South of England
Pyxell is female  Pyxell has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-05-2019, 05:13 AM

Originally Posted by Lion Queen ->
I used to be a member there, I think it was there I played upwords, brilliant game , I really miss it, we used to have tournaments x
I had to google Upwords. I'd never heard of it!

I wonder how it was played on a forum, given that it's a 3D version of Scrabble?
Tachyon
Internet Citizen :)
Tachyon is male  Tachyon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-05-2019, 08:49 AM

I remember Saga Zone well and was sad when it closed. It got quite vitriolic and I think the site became a bit of a PR disaster for the company, who expected it to be as sedate as it's magazine readers.
Pyxell
South of England
Pyxell is female  Pyxell has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-05-2019, 09:59 AM

Originally Posted by Tachyon ->
I remember Saga Zone well and was sad when it closed. It got quite vitriolic and I think the site became a bit of a PR disaster for the company, who expected it to be as sedate as it's magazine readers.
Although older people are just as likely to be ghastly as younger people, there was no way of proving how old their members were, I suppose. Even if there were a 'rule' with a minimum age, they wouldn't have been able to police that.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-05-2019, 10:05 AM

Originally Posted by Tachyon ->
Yet, l made lots of nice friends on there and l am still in touch with them. I even meet up with them occasionally.

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top