Join for free
Page 3 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »
d00d
Chatterbox
London, UK
d00d is male  d00d has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-02-2020, 09:51 PM

Re: Do You Find It Difficult To Disagree With People You Like?

Disagreements are an important part of life, leading the discussion, healthy communication, lashing of pisstaking. Bring it on.
Savvy
United States
Savvy is male  Savvy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-02-2020, 09:55 PM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
Who wins? Savvy.
Sometimes I do, and other times I do.
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-02-2020, 10:00 PM

It depends who I'm with.

I don't bother disagreeing with on of my friends because it doesn't matter what I say they always think they are right even if I know they are wrong and they will argue the toss with me and I can't be arsed.
To be honest I don't like arguing, in fact I hate it as I'm not good at it. I get flummoxed always come away thinking OH GAWD, WHY DIDN'T I SAY THIS OR THAT, I always think afterwards how I should have argued my point.

I tend to clam up with people who are argumentative and confrontational and slink off. Even if I know I'm in the right it isn't important to me to prove myself right. I guess by saying all that I'm one for a quiet life.

I'll let them win.

I'll listen to their point but if I think they are wrong I will say I don't agree but I wouldn't bother going on to argue about it. Who cares.
Savvy
United States
Savvy is male  Savvy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-02-2020, 10:03 PM

You learn far more about yourself and the person you are disagreeing with than if you always go along to get along. I don't go along to get along.

Having a difference of opinion with someone who can be respectful and civil in a disagreement is a good thing. It helps you to develop your own position and expose flaws in your own thinking.

I participate on a couple of forums where if you disagree with the general consensus, you are gang tackled and beaten around the head and shoulders. It doesn't bother me a bit. I have been cussed for every kind of ignorant snowflake imaginable and I stay in there swinging. I try to keep arguments about the subject not the person, others have a hard time with that. I consider the source.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-02-2020, 10:45 PM

Originally Posted by d00d ->
Disagreements are an important part of life, leading the discussion, healthy communication, lashing of pisstaking. Bring it on.
I'd like to disagree with you d00d but I can't because it's how I think too....It's not the end of the world to disagree with a friend, and if they are a friend they should take it on the chin same as I would....
Psmith
melbourne australia
Psmith is male  Psmith has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-02-2020, 10:53 PM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
I'd like to disagree with you d00d but I can't because it's how I think too....It's not the end of the world to disagree with a friend, and if they are a friend they should take it on the chin same as I would....

I'd like to disagree with your agreeing with dood but I can't.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-02-2020, 10:59 PM

At the end of the day people only care about their own opinion so there's no point in falling out with friends for the sake of a different view on a subject when nobody knows everything even if they think they do. In real life it's often a good idea to simply change the subject. People don't often notice particularly if you bring the subject back to them.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-02-2020, 11:05 PM

Originally Posted by psmith ->
i'd like to disagree with your agreeing with dood but i can't.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-02-2020, 11:11 PM

Yep, understanding is everything, but, two folks in close proximity with differing views, cannot both be right.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-02-2020, 11:14 PM

Originally Posted by spitfire ->
Yep, understanding is everything, but, two folks in close proximity with differing views, cannot both be right.
Yes they can.

Page 3 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top