Join for free
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-02-2020, 10:57 AM

Re: It's Snowing!

Originally Posted by Jazzi ->
I agree Mags. But unfortunately for many road users it can be dangerous and hazardous. Yes, I know...I'm stating the bl*****g obvious, but you know what I mean!
I know what you mean Jazzi and fully understand it can be treacherous for drivers, I certainly wouldn’t like to drive in it.

I was more focussing on the beauty of Shroppy’s wintery scene photos.
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-02-2020, 11:35 AM

Yes, those photos are really beautiful, but those roads are treacherous when snow around. Although practically on the doorstep, they can already have a couple of inches of snow on the racecourse and not a drop of snow yet reached us here at the bottom of the hill. I certainly wouldn't venture up there unless I was behind the wheel of a 4 x 4!!
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-02-2020, 11:55 AM

Hi

Bitterly cold and windy in Shrewsbury, brief snow shower and the car parks are already flooding.

The damage to buildings is quite noticeable.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-02-2020, 12:07 PM

I have been mending the farmer's gate into the field while being pelted with hailstones . I chose the wrong moment .
Still better hail than rain , it won't wet the washing

I recommend MandS thermal leggings to everyone, they go under jeans and are a godsend in cold weather...

https://www.marksandspencer.com/l/li...ermal-leggings
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-02-2020, 02:16 PM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
I have been mending the farmer's gate into the field while being pelted with hailstones . I chose the wrong moment .
Still better hail than rain , it won't wet the washing

I recommend MandS thermal leggings to everyone, they go under jeans and are a godsend in cold weather...

https://www.marksandspencer.com/l/li...ermal-leggings

I have never tried leggins Meg, but I must admit I've raked my M & S thermal vests out for an extra layer. I'm feel lovely and cosy now.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-02-2020, 02:28 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
I have never tried leggins Meg, but I must admit I've raked my M & S thermal vests out for an extra layer. I'm feel lovely and cosy now.
Mups they are wonderful I wouldn't be without mine
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-02-2020, 03:41 PM

Originally Posted by shropshiregirl ->
Yes, those photos are really beautiful, but those roads are treacherous when snow around. Although practically on the doorstep, they can already have a couple of inches of snow on the racecourse and not a drop of snow yet reached us here at the bottom of the hill. I certainly wouldn't venture up there unless I was behind the wheel of a 4 x 4!!
One of those won't save you if you drive like an idiot like some of the posers around here. Go too fast, brake suddenly or take a corner incorrectly, you'd still end up in a ditch.

Drive properly depending on the condition of the roads no matter what type of vehicle you drive.
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-02-2020, 09:43 PM

I REALLY don't like snow.

I find it incredibly depressing.

Not for me "little flower asleep under nature's blanket" but a horrible thing of hopelessness and death. It really does give me the genuine close to panic horrors.

The only white stuff I like under my feet is white coral sand bordering on warm clear seawater.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-02-2020, 12:55 AM

I am feeling quite deprived now - we don't have any snow!
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-02-2020, 06:42 AM

None here either ....tuts

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top