Join for free
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »
bakerman
Mexico
bakerman is male  bakerman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-02-2020, 11:31 PM

CHILD ABUSE Vs, ANIMAL ABUSE

Every day on TV I see a dozen or more infomercials about animal abuse. Certainly nothing wrong with that, however I never, repeat NEVER see any infomercials about child abuse. That upsets me terribly.

Child abuse, whether physical, sexual, or emotional is the single biggest cause of mental illness, and/or criminal problems later in life. The public needs to hear constant reminders that child abuse is never acceptable... NEVER.

I'm sure that everyone has heard the old bible saying, "Spare the rod, spoil the child". That is total Bullsh*t. There are many productive ways of teaching a child proper behavior without resorting to child abuse.

In my opinion, all parents should be made aware of the horrible problems that are caused by child abuse. Moreover, all school children should be taught about child abuse AND how they can report such.

If we saw TV infomercials every single day, I truly believe that we, as a society, could make a big dent in these type of crimes against children.

edit to add: from the OUTSIDE, it may look like everything is fine within the family but child abusers are experts at hiding the truth. Please, if you even suspect child abuse, report it to the authorities TODAY.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-02-2020, 11:47 PM

Re: CHILD ABUSE Vs, ANIMAL ABUSE

What if abuse is surface, and unintentional, and more importantly, beyond legislation?
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-02-2020, 11:49 PM

Wrong place, wrong time, it must happen?
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-02-2020, 11:54 PM

Originally Posted by spitfire ->
What if abuse is surface, and unintentional, and more importantly, beyond legislation?

Can abuse be beyond legislation Spitty?
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-02-2020, 11:57 PM

Child abuse is taken very seriously in the UK.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire

15-02-2020, 11:58 PM

Depends on the recipient, and how it is interpreted probably.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-02-2020, 11:58 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
Can abuse be beyond legislation Spitty?
Mental cruelty is pretty much beyond legislation. It's very difficult for a child to prove something they do not understand is wrong.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-02-2020, 12:03 AM

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
Mental cruelty is pretty much beyond legislation. It's very difficult for a child to prove something they do not understand is wrong.

Well yes, I suppose so. I hadn't thought about that.

Never heard of an 'infomercial' either.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire

16-02-2020, 12:06 AM

Nippers come in all forms, some resilient some not, so do animals probably.
bakerman
Mexico
bakerman is male  bakerman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-02-2020, 12:15 AM

Originally Posted by spitfire ->
There is no such thing as "surface" child abuse or unintentional child abuse. Child abuse is much more than a quick light slap on the rump. Child abuse is almost always an on-going thing that lasts for most or all of the childhood. Example: telling a child that she is ugly or stupid is child abuse that can have devastating effects later in life.

Originally Posted by Mups ->
Well yes, I suppose so. I hadn't thought about that.
Never heard of an 'infomercial' either.
You know what a commercial is , right ? Well, an infomercial is not selling anything but is used to give out information.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top