Join for free
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-02-2020, 08:39 AM

Re: CHILD ABUSE Vs, ANIMAL ABUSE

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
The spouse is not there it’s usually the mothers live in boyfriend.
There is no greater danger to a young child than a male in the household that is not their father .
Very true. Even in the animal kingdom - male lions have been known to kill cubs who were not theirs.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-02-2020, 08:41 AM

Ditto chimps - and we know they are but our cousins twice removed
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-02-2020, 08:55 AM

Ditto chimps - and we know they are but our cousins twice removed
Who told you that?
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-02-2020, 09:00 AM

Look we share 98% of our DNA with a cabbage so how much closer are Chimps?
They steal bully and murder each other sadly all too human traits .
bakerman
Mexico
bakerman is male  bakerman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-02-2020, 09:13 AM

Originally Posted by Silver Tabby ->
Where was God?
Since I am a non-believer, I think God does not exist, and never has.
When I say "MY God" it is merely a figure of speech.
But, for the sake argument, if God does exist, how could he/she/it allow totally innocent children to be abused/killed ?

To me, any society that uses a "god" as an excuse to explain away child abuse, as in God needs more angels or that the murdered child is now in heaven, is a society which is not taking any responsibility for the evils which surround us.

Until we, as a society, take full responsibility for protecting the innocent abused children, then we are ignoring that abuse. The child abuse laws can only go so far. It is up to each and every one of us to do all within our power to be aware and to act when we suspect child abuse.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK

16-02-2020, 09:42 AM

Well said Bakerman .
However how much is in our power ?
We can report suspect abuse that’s all.
Most abuse takes place indoors .
We can support charities that help children .
I support the NSPCC ( National Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Children ) they do have ads on TV and they are very harrowing .
susan m
DORSET UK
susan m is female  susan m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-02-2020, 09:43 AM

The spouse is not there it’s usually the mothers live in boyfriend.
There is no greater danger to a young child than a male in the household that is not their father .
Yes muddy . It's the same in the animal kingdom

Young mothers with children need to be aware of this . Relatives need to remember it too .

But then it cant be said for all live in boyfriends

Just noted all the above already been said
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-02-2020, 09:55 AM

Originally Posted by bakerman ->
Since I am a non-believer, I think God does not exist, and never has.
When I say "MY God" it is merely a figure of speech.
But, for the sake argument, if God does exist, how could he/she/it allow totally innocent children to be abused/killed ?

To me, any society that uses a "god" as an excuse to explain away child abuse, as in God needs more angels or that the murdered child is now in heaven, is a society which is not taking any responsibility for the evils which surround us.

Until we, as a society, take full responsibility for protecting the innocent abused children, then we are ignoring that abuse. The child abuse laws can only go so far. It is up to each and every one of us to do all within our power to be aware and to act when we suspect child abuse.
Excellent, Bakerman!
JAK
New Member!
London uk
JAK is female 

16-02-2020, 03:49 PM

Animal and child abuse is all cowardly bullying, don’t be your child’s first bully, when asked what should be done about homelessness, addiction, mental illnesses, my answer is, stop abusing children.
Xandra
United Kingdom
Xandra is female  Xandra has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-02-2020, 04:04 PM

I have seen the adverts for the NSPCC quite often on television, but have wondered why something so crucially important should be a charity begging for donations.
When it is children shouldn't the government be adequately funding this organisation?

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top