Join for free
Page 9 of 12 « First < 7 8 9 10 11 > Last »
Tedc
Berkshire, UK
Tedc is male  Tedc has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-11-2020, 12:16 PM

Re: 'Where is Priti Patel?'

Originally Posted by Omah ->
It seemsthat "Useless" is not the only Johnson minister to reject government policy on home ground:

Build, build, build — but not in Michael "Gormless" Gove’s back yard

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/b...yard-5z2mzb8wl

Cosy .....
I wouldn't have described Bagshot as a "wealthy Village" place, as it's only a few miles from here.

It is surrounded by Military (Sandhurst, Aldershot, etc.) with all of the military training fields, etc., which go with all that.

In fact, building appears to be going on everywhere, around, and, as the military is moving on, lots of their areas are being converted to private homes.

Houses built for military families are good for conversion.

Less need for new builds.

But The Times might not know that.
Tedc
Berkshire, UK
Tedc is male  Tedc has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-11-2020, 01:05 PM

Ah, but these are also government ministers .....
Letter from Government Minister to his/her Constituency:-

"Hi, you lot, sadly, I am unable to continue representing your constituency, I am now a Government Minister!"

p.s. Please vote for me, to represent you, at any forthcoming election....."

Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-11-2020, 01:25 PM

Originally Posted by Tedc ->
Letter from Government Minister to his/her Constituency:-

"Hi, you lot, sadly, I am unable to continue representing your constituency, I am now a Government Minister!"

p.s. Please vote for me, to represent you, at any forthcoming election....."

You Tories make me laugh .....
Tedc
Berkshire, UK

03-11-2020, 02:15 PM

You Tories make me laugh .....
Good!

The others make us cry!

Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-01-2021, 02:12 AM

'Where is the Home Secretary?'

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...e-records.html

Priti Patel faced fury today after she refused to face MPs over a computer debacle that saw hundreds of thousands of vital records wiped from a police database.

The Home Secretary sent her deputy, the Policing Minister Kit Malthouse, to the Commons after a significant number of fingerprint, DNA and arrest history records were lost due to human error and defective code.

Initially, some 150,000 records were believed to have been affected, but it has emerged the number is far higher than first thought at about 400,000.

Ms Patel earlier posed for pictures with police officers in Westminster and said everyone was working flat out to solve what she said was a 'technical coding error'.

But it was left to Mr Malthouse to face political fury from opposition parties this afternoon. He revealed the Home Secretary has commissioned an internal review.

Shadow Home Secretary Nick Thomas-Symonds said: 'I must ask, where is the Home Secretary? The loss of hundreds of thousands of pieces of data, data so important for apprehending suspects and safeguarding vulnerable people, is extraordinarily serious.

'It was the Home Secretary who needed to show leadership and take control. It's what previous home secretaries have done in a crisis - on the passport office, on Windrush, on knife crime, whatever their mistakes, home secretaries came and answered to this House, they didn't just offer a media clip as has happened today.

'This Home Secretary failing on violent crime, failing on the Windrush compensation scheme, with chaos on border testing, found to have broken the ministerial code, now won't even answer to parliament and the public on this most serious of issues.

'The Home Secretary likes to talk tough, but when the going gets tough, she's nowhere to be seen.'
Indeed, Priti "Useless" Patel has a habit of ducking, diving and disappearing .....
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-01-2021, 09:56 AM

'Where is the Home Secretary?'

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...e-records.html

Indeed, Priti "Useless" Patel has a habit of ducking, diving and disappearing .....
You should really be asking where is the civil service in all of this. But anyway I wouldn't worry too much, the data will be restored from backups as if nothing had happened.
Zaphod
Lincs UK
Zaphod is male  Zaphod has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-01-2021, 10:26 AM

Originally Posted by Bread ->
You should really be asking where is the civil service in all of this. But anyway I wouldn't worry too much, the data will be restored from backups as if nothing had happened.
Indeed so.
In fact given the threats to their dominance that the Civil Service are facing I really wouldn't put it past them to have arranged this act deliberately.
After all, we can be pretty certain (forgive the pun) that Priti Patel herself was not the one pressing any buttons.
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-01-2021, 11:35 AM

Originally Posted by Zaphod ->
Indeed so.
In fact given the threats to their dominance that the Civil Service are facing I really wouldn't put it past them to have arranged this act deliberately.
After all, we can be pretty certain (forgive the pun) that Priti Patel herself was not the one pressing any buttons.
The lefties hate Priti Patel because she is doing a good job.
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow

20-01-2021, 01:06 PM

Priti Patel says UK should have closed borders in March 2020

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-55733357

The home secretary has been recorded telling a Zoom call with the Conservative Friends of India group on Tuesday night: "On 'should we have closed our borders earlier', the answer is yes, I was an advocate of closing them last March."

Between mid March and June, the UK did not impose a ban or quarantine restrictions on international travellers arriving in the UK.
As a holder of one of the four great offices of state, "Useless" Patel was surely entitled to express an opinion at the time but she didn't - in fact, as we know, she disappeared from public view for long periods, apparently not interested in, or not allowed to take part in, the government's visible measures against coronavirus program ....
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom

20-01-2021, 01:13 PM

Priti Patel says UK should have closed borders in March 2020

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-55733357

As a holder of one of the four great offices of state, "Useless" Patel was surely entitled to express an opinion at the time but she didn't - in fact, as we know, she disappeared for long periods of time, apparently not interested in, or not allowed to take part in, the government's visible measures against coronavirus program ....

Useless Patel ?

Starmer and his followers haven't given a straight answer for nearly a year.

Instead if attacking the Home Secretary try answering a few questions yourself ...

Page 9 of 12 « First < 7 8 9 10 11 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top