Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-09-2020, 08:21 AM

Re: Re...Sanitisers Provided In Shops/Supermarkets?

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
I never even notice just use them.
Muddy, l do because some fragrances/perfumes really affect me. I am allergic to many things and react to them.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-09-2020, 08:23 AM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
As I said in another thread somewhere, some of the sanitizers irriate my hands, Art.
I mostly wear disposal gloves now.
Mups, Plastic gloves hinder me so l prefer to go bareback!!
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-09-2020, 10:02 AM

My hands get sore from sanitizers, the skin around my nails is peeling. I only use a tiny bit in shops now. The alcohol in it dries your skin.
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-09-2020, 10:22 AM

Originally Posted by TessA ->
My hands get sore from sanitizers, the skin around my nails is peeling. I only use a tiny bit in shops now. The alcohol in it dries your skin.
It certainly does, I use Sorbolene on my hands every day now, I can't say it keeps them soft and lovely but it does stop the skin drying out. According to the bottle it also contains vitamin E (no idea what that does).
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-09-2020, 12:34 PM

Originally Posted by Tachyon ->
I've never yet seen anyone wipe down a trolley or basket or use hand sanitizer when entering a shop. I don't either.
I went to a Garden Centre yesterday, sanitiser and wipes were readily available next to the trolleys - I think I had the cleanest, sparkliest trolley of the day!
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-09-2020, 12:44 PM

I've never yet seen anyone wipe down a trolley or basket or use hand sanitizer when entering a shop. I don't either.
Perhaps that is why you have a second wave? I have never seen anyone not wipe down a trolley or use the hand sanitiser.
Cinderella
Chatterbox
East Anglia, UK
Cinderella is female  Cinderella has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-09-2020, 01:01 PM

Never manage to get the right amount out either too much hardly any or nothing because the thing is empty and not been replaced.

The foam ones do have a distinctive smell, the gel ones leave hands sticky.
APRICOT
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
APRICOT is female  APRICOT has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-09-2020, 01:03 PM

I always wipe the handles of baskets and trolleys ,then spray my hands ,I never really notice any particular smell
Cinderella
Chatterbox
East Anglia, UK
Cinderella is female  Cinderella has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-09-2020, 01:05 PM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
Some of the hand sanitisers offered to customers in shops have horrible perfume smells.
Marks and Spencer’s hand sanitiser was the worst smelling and was really sickly. Even when l washed it off, l could still smell it.
Have you noticed the various smells of the hand sanitisers? Or are you just grateful that they supply them?

Regarding the trolley sanitising sprays. The jobsworth Sainsbury’s supermarket assistant on the door said, l would rust the trolley by spraying the handle and that l should spray it onto the cloth first and then wipe the handle.

Errrmm, Mr Jobsworth, don’t trolleys that are left out in the rain get rusty??

Indeed, take no notice at our supermarket the trolley guy sprays them like that when collecting them from trolley bay or wherever they have been left.
Percy Vere
Wilds and woolly wastes of Staffordshire, UK
Percy Vere is male  Percy Vere has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-09-2020, 03:30 PM

Our local M&S food store has a person standing outside wiping down returned trolleys and baskets ready for the next customer.

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top