Join for free
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-09-2020, 06:52 PM

Red Cross

Hi

Do not forget them.

I was discharged today with no way home.

A letter but no medication. no money

The Hospital sent it on to the Red Cross.

Took me home, no charge, made sure I could get in and then went to collect my medication.

We rely on these people.

You are very luckly you do not.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-09-2020, 06:54 AM

Re: Red Cross

Red Cross are, indeed, an admirable service, Swimmy, and all to often they are not given the recognition they deserve. Good to hear they looked after you.
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-09-2020, 07:40 AM

The Red Cross was a bit on the nose here. They collected $216milion in donations for victims of the bush fires at the beginning of the year but have only spent $111million to date.

They have had to devote a lot of time and money defending themselves against accusations they were "stockpiling" the money.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-09-2020, 11:27 AM

The Red Cross helped me get equipment for my Mum when she was towards the end of her life too. Good people.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top