Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-10-2020, 12:02 AM

US election 2020: Trump back on campaign trail in Florida

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/election-us-2020-54516324

President Trump is going back on the campaign trail in Florida later on Monday, less than two weeks after testing positive for coronavirus.

His outdoor speech at Sanford airport comes as he visits four battleground states over the next four days.

Florida is a state he must win to have any hope of re-election on 3 November, correspondents say.

It is also his adopted state. A lifelong New Yorker, he made himself a resident here last year in September.

The president's rally - and events later in the week in Pennsylvania, Iowa and North Carolina - will be closely watched not least for any sign that the president has changed his approach to coronavirus precautions.
Along with the usual spiteful, divisive rhetoric, Trump may well deliver some "bonkers" quotes .....
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-10-2020, 09:56 AM

Re: US election 2020: Trump back on campaign trail in Florida

What did Trump say at the rally?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/election-us-2020-54516324

In his first stump appearance following his Covid-19 diagnosis and recovery, a re-invigorated Mr Trump returned to his campaign's familiar themes and lines of attack against Mr Biden.

He touted stock market growth, the establishment of the US Space Force and his successful confirmation of two conservative Supreme Court justices to the bench - with a third nominee, Judge Amy Coney Barrett, before the Senate this week - as major achievements.

Before a crowd of several thousand (few wearing masks) he denounced plans to prolong shutdowns supported by Democrats and sought to question Mr Biden's mental acuity.

Referring to his own recovery from Covid-19, he said at one point:

"They say I'm immune - I feel so powerful*. I'll walk in there and kiss everyone. I'll kiss the guys and the beautiful women, I'll give you a big, fat kiss."
* Will those words come back to bite him .....
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow

14-10-2020, 10:59 AM

Trump rally: President's Florida speech fact-checked

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/election-us-2020-54512170

Trump: "We're doing 10 miles a day [of border wall], and Mexico is paying for it."

Verdict: That figure wrong - it's more like 10 miles a week and the accompanying claim is a lie - Mexico has said it's NOT paying for the wall.

Trump : "We're up to almost 400 miles in wall, nobody talks about that anymore."

Verdict: On the face of it, true - under Trump, the US HAS built 341 miles of wall, BUT:
  • 305 miles of this was built to replace existing barriers.
  • There are only 36 miles of wall where there was no barrier before
  • Out of that total, only 9 miles is what's called primary wall
  • The rest, 27 miles, is secondary wall, built to reinforce the first wall

Trump: "They [the Democrats] would shut down American energy, shut down fracking"

Verdict: Distortion of the truth - the Democrats have not said they would shut down fracking - only that they would ban new fracking on public land.

Trump: "We're hitting record stock market numbers."

Verdict: Exaggeration - they have recovered to near pre-pandemic levels, but NOT as high as the record set in February.

Trump: "When I locked down China, he thought it was a terrible thing to do, he (Biden) called me xenophobic."

Verdict: Mr Biden did use the term "hysterical xenophobia" but says this was about Trump's record, NOT the China restrictions.
One of Trump's demagogic guiding principles is, patently, "Say it loud, say it proud, and the mugs will believe anything and everything I say" .....
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-10-2020, 11:07 AM

Originally Posted by Omah ->
Trump rally: President's Florida speech fact-checked

One of Trump's demagogic guiding principles is, patently, "Say it loud, say it proud and the mugs will believe anything" .....

The left wing bent BBC .... says it all

Here is Nancy Pelosi on CNN yesterday (yes CNN) getting her ar$e handed to her on a plate. In the USA, those that are suffering the most because of COVID-19, the people who voted for the Democrat dominated House of Representatives, are now refused the support and help they need. Their businesses going to the wall, welfare payments on hold, help for the most vulnerable and health care denied, because Pelosi and her mob of nutters refuse to sign Trumps cheque for 1.8 Trillion dollars. They would prefer these people to have nothing rather than do what Trump says and prefer for them to have nothing rather than what the President decides.

Absolutely disgusting.

Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow

14-10-2020, 12:27 PM

Trump, Trailing in Pennsylvania, Launches Familiar Attacks on Biden

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/10/13/u...nsylvania.html

With just three weeks until Election Day, and President Trump on the defensive in every major battleground state, the president’s top aides know they must change the trajectory of the race.

So as Mr. Trump returns to the campaign trail this week after being hospitalized for his coronavirus infection, his advisers are sending him out with a teleprompter, as they at times did before his diagnosis, in hopes he’ll drive a more coherent message against his Democratic opponent, former Vice President Joseph R. Biden Jr.

And on Tuesday night, in a more pointed effort to nudge Mr. Trump toward his script, the president’s campaign also shared excerpts with reporters of the speech they said he would deliver upon landing for his rally in Johnstown, Pa., about 70 miles east of Pittsburgh.

Mr. Trump did read some of the staff-written remarks in his speech, which lasted just over an hour.

But the president also made clear he had other issues on his mind besides the populist message that his campaign wanted him to give in Johnstown. Namely, how embarrassing it would be to lose to an opponent he has repeatedly mocked as being senile. Trailing by double digits in national surveys and by similarly daunting margins in critical states like Pennsylvania, the president seemed preoccupied with the idea of losing.

“I’m running against the single worst candidate in the history of presidential politics, and you know what that does?” Mr. Trump said. “That puts more pressure on me.” He added: “Can you imagine if you lose to a guy like this? It’s unbelievable. He has no idea what he’s saying. How the hell do you lose to a guy like this, is this possible? Oh, I’ll never come to Pennsylvania again.”
Bizarrely, Trump predicted that his fortunes with female voters, who in the recent Times survey were supporting Mr. Biden by 15 points, would turn around.

“We’re going to see that the women really like Trump a lot,” Mr. Trump said, repeating the falsehood that he won women with 52 percent of the vote in 2016 (Hillary Clinton won 54 percent of women, according to exit polls).

Perhaps the most striking language from Mr. Trump’s speech that was not included in his prepared text was an acknowledgment that he is practicing “risky” behavior by appearing in public so soon after falling ill with a highly contagious disease.

“I got to get out and I have to meet people and I have to see people, and I know it’s risky to do that,” he said. “But you have to do what you have to do. You know, I’m the president, I can’t sit in the basement and say, ‘Let’s wait this thing out.’ Now, I’m immune. I could come down and start kissing everybody,” he told his supporters, echoing a line he used the day before in Florida. “I’ll kiss every guy — man and woman. Look at that guy, how handsome he is. I’ll kiss him. Not with a lot of enjoyment, but that’s OK.”
Desperate and bonkers .....
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow

14-10-2020, 12:50 PM

Trump Pennsylvania rally: Images reveal packed and half maskless crowd as president mocks Biden for social distancing

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/w...s-b547807.html

According to Pennsylvania state coronavirus guidelines, outdoor gatherings of more than 250 people are prohibited. Photos from the Trump rally appear to show crowds in well in excess of that number, many maskless. Face masks are required in all public spaces.

Mr Trump used his speech at Pittsburgh International Airport to castigate Mr Biden, 77, over his decision to protect himself and others from the disease. “He feels good about the mask, and that’s OK," said the president to racous applause. "Whatever makes you feel good. Honestly, why the hell did he spend all that money on the plastic surgery if he’s going to cover it up with a mask?” [this coming from Mr Tango "Fats" McPlastic ..... ]

During Tuesday night's rally, the president also took a swipe at journalists who got injured during Black Lives Matter demonstrations in recent months. "Remember that beautiful sight? The street was a mess," said Mr Trump, referencing an incident when the journalist Ali Velshi got wounded. That idiot reporter from CNN* got hit on the knee with a can of tear gas*, right? And he went down. 'I’ve been hit. I’ve been hit.'"

* Mr Velshi works for MSNBC and was hit with a rubber bullet.
Even when Trump is not lying he can't get his facts right .....
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-10-2020, 01:10 PM

Originally Posted by Omah ->
Trump Pennsylvania rally: Images reveal packed and half maskless crowd as president mocks Biden for social distancing

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/w...s-b547807.html

Even when Trump is not lying he can't get his facts right .....
I think anyone with a brain can understand the message Trump was making.

Where was Biden and Harris by the way ? Supporting China and telling their fans by telling them again how China is a good thing in the mids of a pandemic cause by China, the rust belt that was caused by Obama, Biden and China and the unemployed manufacturing workers caused by .... China, Obama and Biden..... etc

Maybe Harris was too busy stroking Bidens hairy legs .... probably
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow

14-10-2020, 01:35 PM

There's more from the rally in Pennsylvania:

Trump: "Did you see the World Health Organization yesterday [sic]? They said Trump was right. They said you can't make the cure worse than the problem itself. I've been saying that for a long time."

Verdict: Outright lie - the WHO DID NOT say "Trump was right" and HAS NOT singled out the United States for praise in its handling of the pandemic.

Trump appears to be referring to comments made by Dr David Nabarro, special envoy to the World Health Organisation, about lockdown measures.

Mr Trump said in August that the imposition of lockdowns "would ultimately inflict more harm than it would prevent".

Dr Nabarro said lockdowns should be the last resort for controlling the spread of the virus. "We in the World Health Organization do not advocate lockdowns as the primary means of control of this virus," he said. However, he added that lockdowns are justified for buying time to "reorganize, regroup, rebalance your resources, protect your health workers who are exhausted".

Dr Nabarro DID NOT refer to Mr Trump or to his handling of the pandemic in the US.
Lies for mugs .....
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom

14-10-2020, 02:40 PM

The BBC again .....

Here are some facts you won't like

https://www.zerohedge.com/political/...isma-executive
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-10-2020, 02:54 PM

Just as long as this excellent POTUS is returned for a further term nothing else matters.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top