Join for free
Page 3 of 14 < 1 2 3 4 5 13 > Last »
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-10-2020, 11:37 AM

Re: Boris puts 20% VAT back on Facemasks and Glovess.

20%? you have got to be joking! GST (VAT by another name) here is 10% which is absolutely outrageous enough but 20% is someone having a laugh.
Zaphod
Lincs UK
Zaphod is male  Zaphod has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-10-2020, 11:50 AM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

Once again, blaming the EU for something which is purely a UK Government decision.

The EU have not insisted that VAT be increased back to full rate,
Government is putting it on face masks and gloves but keeping the reduction on the hospitality industry.
And here's me thinking you liked facts.
Instead you obviously prefer propaganda.
So just to remind you:
"the UK is still bound to EU law governing the tax."

Read the other link I posted, from the EU.
It very clearly explains the rules for VAT across the EU.

If you don't like them, you could of course always leave the EU.
Oh .............
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-10-2020, 12:27 PM

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
They should be held accountable for how they have spent the money before heaping the bill on the taxpayer

They already are held accountable Annie, it's just not information the man in the street has access too.

We do know they have given billions to furloughed workers and struggling businesses though, let alone the NHS and research into a vaccine.

This money site might be of interest, it says what each country is paying out, and how we compare:

https://www.lovemoney.com/gallerylis...ound-the-world
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-10-2020, 12:32 PM

Originally Posted by Zaphod ->
And here's me thinking you liked facts.
Instead you obviously prefer propaganda.
So just to remind you:
"the UK is still bound to EU law governing the tax."

Read the other link I posted, from the EU.
It very clearly explains the rules for VAT across the EU.

If you don't like them, you could of course always leave the EU.
Oh .............
Hi

I do like facts.

Much prefer them to Fiction.

I voted Leave, still would vote the same way.

I simply do not subscribe to your view of things that it is all down to the EU and that things will suddenly improve on 1st January.

Not long to wait now to see who is right and who is wrong.

My view is that the Withdrawal Agreement signed by Boris is worse than the one signed by May and that takes some doing.

Boris has backed down on every single threat he has made about leaving, he is not dead in a ditch, we have not finished talks with the EU on October 15th.

All bluff and bluster, the EU know he will not carry out his threats and that makes us weak.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-10-2020, 12:54 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
They already are held accountable Annie, it's just not information the man in the street has access too.

We do know they have given billions to furloughed workers and struggling businesses though, let alone the NHS and research into a vaccine.

This money site might be of interest, it says what each country is paying out, and how we compare:

https://www.lovemoney.com/gallerylis...ound-the-world
Mups how are they held accountable?

It is not about how much you spend but how that money is spent. Is it value for money?
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-10-2020, 01:17 PM

Seems the Government is damned if they do, and damned if they don't. We should all realise, the billions they have and are still giving to where it is needed in this country has to be clawed back in some way. Of course, it is going to hurt. The Government hasn't got a bottomless pit of money. Look at the billions they have given each council to distribute to those in most need? yet everyone is still clamouring for extra money for the childrens meals. Where does it stop?

Personally, I thank the good Lord we are living in a country where the government is looking after its citizens as best it can. Look at countries such as India and others where they REALLY don't know where their next meal is coming from during this pandemic, and then compare! We really have little to complain about - but we will.
Zaphod
Lincs UK
Zaphod is male  Zaphod has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-10-2020, 01:22 PM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

I do like facts.

Much prefer them to Fiction.

I voted Leave, still would vote the same way.

I simply do not subscribe to your view of things that it is all down to the EU and that things will suddenly improve on 1st January.

Not long to wait now to see who is right and who is wrong.
If you think that then you're completely (or maybe deliberately given what I see of your form) misreading my "view of things".

No, everything is not down to the EU.
If however you persist in wrongly blaming the UK I will repeatedly point that out to you together with evidence supporting my assertions.

Quite why you don't like the evidence is your problem ...... until such time as you persist in ignoring it, at which time I will again piont your error out to you.
Zaphod
Lincs UK

25-10-2020, 01:29 PM

Originally Posted by shropshiregirl ->
Seems the Government is damned if they do, and damned if they don't. We should all realise, the billions they have and are still giving to where it is needed in this country has to be clawed back in some way. Of course, it is going to hurt. The Government hasn't got a bottomless pit of money. Look at the billions they have given each council to distribute to those in most need? yet everyone is still clamouring for extra money for the childrens meals. Where does it stop?

Personally, I thank the good Lord we are living in a country where the government is looking after its citizens as best it can. Look at countries such as India and others where they REALLY don't know where their next meal is coming from during this pandemic, and then compare! We really have little to complain about - but we will.
Re: your last paragraph especially - exactly that, fully agreed.

It saddens me immemsely when I see others determined to decry the tremendous effort being put into steering this country through what we now must surely recognize as being one of the greatest challenges to socities around the whole world in recent times.

The world is going to be a much different place in the future because of this virus.Yet as usual some people here think only of themselves and think of ways to get still more by using sad current events, the avaricious bunch.
Worse, they lie and decieve to further their false claims.

Words fail me when I see such behaviour; where does it stop indeed.
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-10-2020, 01:36 PM

Swimmy, I don't believe there are very many people gullible enough to believe that life will be a bed of roses for us after January 1st 2021. Even if we do get a deal, the EU will continue to make life as difficult as possible for us in every way possible. Manna from Heaven of course for the Remoaners and the I told you so's, but that is the hard truth. If there are any obstacles they can put in our way, they will do so.
They simply cannot afford to see us succeed and prosper.
Their one fear is that if other EU states see that we are doing well it could well lead to their downfall, as obviously it will be a case of ''We want some of that'' and want out.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-10-2020, 01:39 PM

Originally Posted by Zaphod ->
Re: your last paragraph especially - exactly that, fully agreed.

It saddens me immemsely when I see others determined to decry the tremendous effort being put into steering this country through what we now must surely recognize as being one of the greatest challenges to socities around the whole world in recent times.

The world is going to be a much different place in the future because of this virus.Yet as usual some people here think only of themselves and think of ways to get still more by using sad current events, the avaricious bunch.
Worse, they lie and decieve to further their false claims.

Words fail me when I see such behaviour; where does it stop indeed.

I agree with that, Zaphod.
Especially when the people who are so keen to criticize couldn't step in and do any better themselves.

Page 3 of 14 < 1 2 3 4 5 13 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top