Join for free
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »
d00d
Chatterbox
London, UK
d00d is male  d00d has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-11-2020, 08:15 PM

The winter festive season ...

... used to be called Christmas, but the Christ element is fast becoming history, and us reborn pagans would prefer it that way. Pre Roman invasion, Winter Festival it is. Bring it on Mother Nature.

Furthermore, many of our guests not only don't do the Christ thing but are embarrassed, offended by the very mention of it.

Happy Winter Festival all.
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-11-2020, 08:53 PM

Re: The winter festive season ...

Originally Posted by d00d ->
... used to be called Christmas, but the Christ element is fast becoming history, and us reborn pagans would prefer it that way. Pre Roman invasion, Winter Festival it is. Bring it on Mother Nature.

Furthermore, many of our guests not only don't do the Christ thing but are embarrassed, offended by the very mention of it.

Thanks for that but bugger that!

A merry Christmas, a very happy New Year (and may I be the first to wish y'all a very Happy Easter.)
APRICOT
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
APRICOT is female  APRICOT has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-11-2020, 09:38 PM

Originally Posted by the artful todger ->
thanks for that but bugger that!

A merry christmas, a very happy new year (and may i be the first to wish y'all a very happy easter.)
APRICOT
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
APRICOT is female  APRICOT has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-11-2020, 09:40 PM

What a load of BS , You will be having the Muslims taking over next !! Then you will know all about it !
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-11-2020, 09:40 PM

I certainly don't get embarrassed at the mention of Christ, it will always, always, always be Merry Christmas to me.

Each to their own

I'll bid you a Merry Christmas and Happy Winter Festival, hows that Doody me 'ole mate
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-11-2020, 10:35 PM

Nothing surprises me down the smoke d00d....
Christmas as usual in Yorkshire mate.....
I'm on the fence about all this 'Christ' stuff, but I will accompany Mrs Fox to Midnight Mass at the local church if she still wants to go....I can't explain it, but it just feels......well ....nicer at Christmas, everybody seems happier....That can't be a bad thing can it?
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-11-2020, 10:36 PM

Originally Posted by Lion Queen ->
I certainly don't get embarrassed at the mention of Christ, it will always, always, always be Merry Christmas to me.

Each to their own

I'll bid you a Merry Christmas and Happy Winter Festival, hows that Doody me 'ole mate
Happy Christmas to you too Lion Queen....
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-11-2020, 11:59 PM

It will always be Christmas to me even when we are taken over.
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-11-2020, 06:04 AM

Happy Christmas from me too.....I'm not religious but for goodness sake Christmas is Christmas.....if you don't like it don't come here. Don't join the club with the intention of changing the rules
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-11-2020, 06:25 AM

Originally Posted by summer ->
Happy Christmas from me too.....I'm not religious but for goodness sake Christmas is Christmas.....if you don't like it don't come here. Don't join the club with the intention of changing the rules
Well said...

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top