Join for free
Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-11-2020, 12:07 PM

Re: What’s the most adventurous thing you’ve ever done?

Me? I have studiously avoided anything in the least bit adventurous. I don't do physical risks.
susan m
DORSET UK
susan m is female  susan m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-11-2020, 12:20 PM

I was 53 and went backpacking with a friend to Thailand . Our budget was £1000 each which was also to pay for return flights via Dubai and support us for 33 days .

Slept on the floor of a monastery . Stepped down in a room at dusk to wash down with a bucket from a barrel of water into a giant ants nest , luckily didnt get bitten but horrifying . Rented a cheap room over the river kwai , as dusk came the whole room filled from floor to ceiling with cockroaches, covered myself in a large mosquito net and managed to sleep till dawn then ran like hell outta there . Visited a town full of monkeys that jumped on my back , slept in another room with bed bugs . All sounds awful now and there were times it was but also what an adventure . I would not do it again on a budget . I never knew I could jump so high or scream so loud .
d00d
Chatterbox
London, UK
d00d is male  d00d has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-11-2020, 12:20 PM

Originally Posted by The Artful Todger ->
Me? I have studiously avoided anything in the least bit adventurous. I don't do physical risks.
Hmmm ... I've been wondering if we were restricted to physical risks.

As probably the most adventurous thing I've ever done was to marry a wayward beauty and stay married for 30+ years. Mental risks abound. 😐
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-11-2020, 12:30 PM

Originally Posted by Pesta ->
I'm intrigued Tiff..... what's that?
Dartmoor letterboxing.

https://www.visitdartmoor.co.uk/get-active/letterboxing

I did this for several years, around the 1980's
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-11-2020, 01:15 PM

Originally Posted by Tiffany ->
Dartmoor letterboxing.

https://www.visitdartmoor.co.uk/get-active/letterboxing

I did this for several years, around the 1980's
Sounds a lot like 'geocaching' Tiff....

https://geocaching.co.uk/
warleyron
Warley, Essex UK
warleyron is male  warleyron has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-11-2020, 01:59 PM

I drove a snowmobile from Neiden in Norway over Lake Inari to Inari. Next day back over Lake Inari and frozen tundra to Polmak in Norway.
Next day through the mountains to Mehamn.
Next day touring the peninsula to the second most northerly point of mainland Europe and back to Mehamn. This was in February 2017 aged 67 and covered 506km
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-11-2020, 03:29 PM

Took myself off to America and Canada aged 21 (my aunt thought I was brave.I just wanted to go and thought nothing is stopping me.)

Flew to NY, picked up the greyhound bus line and did several days E Canada, Niagara Falls, into Boston, near my friend. She booked me into a motel because for some reason I was unable to stay with her.
Minx
Chatterbox
South Africa
Minx is female  Minx has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-11-2020, 04:09 PM

Originally Posted by Bruce ->
Emigrated as I turned 19 by myself to Australia in 1966 was probably it.
Now that’s adventurous
Minx
Chatterbox
South Africa
Minx is female  Minx has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-11-2020, 04:10 PM

Originally Posted by Jazzi ->
Took myself off to America and Canada aged 21 (my aunt thought I was brave.I just wanted to go and thought nothing is stopping me.)

Flew to NY, picked up the greyhound bus line and did several days E Canada, Niagara Falls, into Boston, near my friend. She booked me into a motel because for some reason I was unable to stay with her.
Fantastic memories made
Minx
Chatterbox
South Africa

10-11-2020, 04:15 PM

Originally Posted by warleyron ->
I drove a snowmobile from Neiden in Norway over Lake Inari to Inari. Next day back over Lake Inari and frozen tundra to Polmak in Norway.
Next day through the mountains to Mehamn.
Next day touring the peninsula to the second most northerly point of mainland Europe and back to Mehamn. This was in February 2017 aged 67 and covered 506km
Wow, that sounds absolutely awesome

Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top