Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-11-2020, 08:51 AM

Re: Another old friend gone

What a terrible year this has been for all of us....I'm so sorry Muddy I know just how you feel I hope 2021 is better for us all.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-11-2020, 09:12 AM

Hi

Yes a terrible year.

I thought I was gone yesterday, but survived.

Stay positive and be happy.
zuludog
N E Lancashire
zuludog is male  zuludog has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-11-2020, 09:44 AM

One of my friends died a couple of months ago
Sadly I didn't go to the funeral because it was about 100 miles away and -

I didn't want to risk taking any infection with me
I didn't want to risk picking up any infection or bringing any back
Who knows what the rules on travelling are? It changes so often and they seem to be making it up as they go along
I didn't want to get caught by a spot check or an ANPR camera or something, and end up with a massive fine

In any case the numbers were restricted and friends & relatives who live closer would have taken up most of those
Neither was there any kind of wake, reception or a trip to the pub, so it would have been even more sad & miserable than usual

However we all agreed and arranged that if things improve then next year on the anniversary we'll all meet up for a drink in his memory
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-11-2020, 12:07 PM

Commiserations on the loss of your friend Muddy... We seem to be losing lots of good friends and famous people who have shaped our lives over the years. Musicians, Actors and celebs who we have grown up watching, admiring, and being entertained by.
It's like the world is making space for the new tenants, by clearing out all the old stuff, namely us!

It started when policemen and doctors seemed to be looking young, and now all the adverts on the telly are aimed at the younger generation, and the only adverts aimed at us are for life insurance, funeral plans, and cremation ideas.....

Well sod it Muddy! Be like me, keep your chin up and make them drag you kicking and screaming out of this world, we are not done with it yet.....Not By a long chalk....
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-11-2020, 05:52 PM

Sending hugs to those who have loved and lost. X

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top