Join for free
Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-11-2020, 05:58 PM

Re: If You Thought Someone Was Shoplifting.. Would You Follow Them Around In The Store?

If You Thought Someone Was Shoplifting.. Would You Follow Them Around In The Store
No, it is up to Store Detectives job to do that it is what they are paid for.

I once saw an old lady slip a small tin of salmon into her bag, not my business.

I can remember the days before self service stores when people queued with a list to give to the shop assistant.
When self service shops were set up no doubt the price of goods was calculated to reflect a measure of losses.
Primus1
York
Primus1 is male  Primus1 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-11-2020, 07:21 PM

Re: If You Thought Someone Was Shoplifting.. Would You Follow Them Around In The Store?

Funnily enough, today I was shopping at my local Tesco metro, I’d dressed smartly, which has the effect of making me look younger than I am, I’d forgotten to pick up a basket so I had to use my black bag that I had with me, I’d noticed this woman hiding behind the bottles of brown ale, but never gave it a second thought, but when I was browsing the magazine section, looking for this months copy of trusses and surgical support monthly, she was there again, I thought she might be up to no good so I decided to follow her , I’d trailed her to the ladies big knicker section where she pretended to hold them against herself as if measuring up, I was very surprised to see she had hold of the bogof harvest festivals ( all is safely gathered in) which didn’t suit her one bit, anyway, I managed to lose her by the Cadbury section as she seemed to be gibbering about “ my precious “ or something like that, anyway, I’m shopping at Sainsbury’s from now on.....
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-11-2020, 08:02 PM

Originally Posted by Primus1 ->
Funnily enough, today I was shopping at my local Tesco metro, I’d dressed smartly, which has the effect of making me look younger than I am, I’d forgotten to pick up a basket so I had to use my black bag that I had with me, I’d noticed this woman hiding behind the bottles of brown ale, but never gave it a second thought, but when I was browsing the magazine section, looking for this months copy of trusses and surgical support monthly, she was there again, I thought she might be up to no good so I decided to follow her , I’d trailed her to the ladies big knicker section where she pretended to hold them against herself as if measuring up, I was very surprised to see she had hold of the bogof harvest festivals ( all is safely gathered in) which didn’t suit her one bit, anyway, I managed to lose her by the Cadbury section as she seemed to be gibbering about “ my precious “ or something like that, anyway, I’m shopping at Sainsbury’s from now on.....
Primus, l have fallen back in the chair laughing! That was so funny.
Anyway, it was the suppositories l was browsing not the Cadbury’s chocolate!! Easy mistake for you to make as they were right next door to the Chocolate Ex-Lax on the shelf!!

I have got the huge red marquee sized nicks on as we speak!
Note to myself... don’t forget to buy more clothes pegs. These giant nicks require four pegs on the washing line!
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-11-2020, 08:31 PM

Originally Posted by Morticia ->
I wouldn't follow them around the store incase the store detectives thought I was some kind of accomplice guarding the shoplifters back so to speak.

Would I dob them in?
Hmm dunno. I used to shoplift meself as a kid so it would seem a bit hypocritical.
Be careful what you say Morty, Mrs Fox used to be a store detective at our local supermarket......But I won't tell her if you don't....
Primus1
York
Primus1 is male  Primus1 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-11-2020, 10:51 PM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
Primus, l have fallen back in the chair laughing! That was so funny.
Anyway, it was the suppositories l was browsing not the Cadbury’s chocolate!! Easy mistake for you to make as they were right next door to the Chocolate Ex-Lax on the shelf!!

I have got the huge red marquee sized nicks on as we speak!
Note to myself... don’t forget to buy more clothes pegs. These giant nicks require four pegs on the washing line!
Do you get many jumbo jets mistaking them for wind socks...?
Pesta
Chatterbox
North of the South UK
Pesta is female  Pesta has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-11-2020, 11:00 PM

Must admit I've done it a couple of times in my local Sainsbury's - not nicking, reporting.

I've a question re shoppers who use the scan facility and put the shopping in their own bags as they go around the shop. (I don't use that facility hence my questions).

Does the scanner just show the overall price or the purchases made and the price?

Do they have to take every item out at the checkout to be checked everything is in order?

Just wondered if it was an easy way to nick stuff.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-11-2020, 11:08 PM

One could be silenced, for a share of the swag.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-11-2020, 12:00 AM

Originally Posted by Pesta ->
Must admit I've done it a couple of times in my local Sainsbury's - not nicking, reporting.

I've a question re shoppers who use the scan facility and put the shopping in their own bags as they go around the shop. (I don't use that facility hence my questions).

Does the scanner just show the overall price or the purchases made and the price?

Do they have to take every item out at the checkout to be checked everything is in order?

Just wondered if it was an easy way to nick stuff.
There's nothing to stop people nicking stuff, I mean it doesn't literally check your bags as you go through but it does sometimes demand a random bag check. Sometimes it asks for five items to be checked, sometimes the whole lot.
Pesta
Chatterbox
North of the South UK
Pesta is female  Pesta has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-11-2020, 12:16 AM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
There's nothing to stop people nicking stuff, I mean it doesn't literally check your bags as you go through but it does sometimes demand a random bag check. Sometimes it asks for five items to be checked, sometimes the whole lot.

Aaah ok thanks Dingaling. When you say 'it' checks the bags, you must mean a scanning machine. I just presumed they had to go to a 'manned' till.
eccles
South West
eccles is female  eccles has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-11-2020, 08:08 AM

As there seems to be hardly any comeback for thieves, I would probably do nothing. I saw someone steal from a shop once, and the assistant saw it too and said it wasn't worth running after them as she would probably only get abuse and lack of action even if the police were involved. Cops seem more eager to harass people for voicing "un-PC" thoughts on Facebook.

Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top