Join for free
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-11-2020, 10:27 PM

Re: Choose your forever age...

Twenty-five. 1980 was a good year for me.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-11-2020, 10:30 PM

I think I would like to be in my 30's or maybe even early 40's, as I had some experience of life by then, but was still young-ish, fit, and healthy.

Not bothered about going through my teens all over again. Teenagers think they know it all, but often have little experience of life.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-11-2020, 10:33 PM

14, it is magical being on the cusp.
Pesta
Chatterbox
North of the South UK
Pesta is female  Pesta has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-11-2020, 10:41 PM

Bit of a bore really as I've no idea which would be my forever age.

Even though there was horrible crap there was also brilliant stuff and huge fun somewhere in every decade.

My present decade is lovely, peaceful and calm which I never really had in any other decade ... and I've found me, myself and I

So, I can't really answer the question with any certainty
Primus1
York
Primus1 is male  Primus1 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-11-2020, 10:54 PM

3 months.....mainly for the breastfeeding.....
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-11-2020, 11:14 PM

Originally Posted by Minx ->
If you could choose your age forever, what age would you choose and why?

I would choose the age 18. Best music but most of all my dad was still alive then.
I would say mid to late 30 or even early 40s.

None of that teenage angst nor the emotional insecurities of the 20s caused by raging hormones. Not that it wasn't a hell of a lot of fun but it was a roller coaster ride.

By my thirties/forties I had decided what I liked and what I didn't, no longer gave a damn about other's opinion of what I was doing and I was financially secure having paid off my house and had investment properties.

Perhaps my only mistake was marrying again (definitely a triumph of optimism over experience) and having more kids but I actually enjoyed the kids far more the second time around. I was far more relaxed about them and we had a great time together as they grew up. Even later as a single parent they were wonderful to have around and watch grow.

So definitely 30s and 40s was the sweet spot.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-11-2020, 11:47 PM

Originally Posted by Bruce ->
I would say mid to late 30 or even early 40s.

None of that teenage angst nor the emotional insecurities of the 20s caused by raging hormones. Not that it wasn't a hell of a lot of fun but it was a roller coaster ride.

By my thirties/forties I had decided what I liked and what I didn't, no longer gave a damn about other's opinion of what I was doing and I was financially secure having paid off my house and had investment properties.

Perhaps my only mistake was marrying again (definitely a triumph of optimism over experience) and having more kids but I actually enjoyed the kids far more the second time around. I was far more relaxed about them and we had a great time together as they grew up. Even later as a single parent they were wonderful to have around and watch grow.

So definitely 30s and 40s was the sweet spot.
That is the most important theme in the human quotient, the I factor. Folks should be like Magpies, pair up, and forage together for life.
The I factor prevents this, for some reason.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-11-2020, 12:31 AM

25 definitely. A fabulous age.
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-11-2020, 08:28 AM

Probably 35..... kids were young and gorgeous
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-11-2020, 08:46 AM

Originally Posted by spitfire ->
That is the most important theme in the human quotient, the I factor. Folks should be like Magpies, pair up, and forage together for life.
The I factor prevents this, for some reason.
Yes, I like that Spitty....
It's worked for me.....

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top