Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-11-2020, 05:33 PM

Re: Is there no end ????

Originally Posted by Twink55 ->
We could never prove it Paula..... but how I wish I could get the heads of some countries to answer questions after taking a Truth drug!
There is no such thing as a truth drug.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-11-2020, 06:11 PM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
I don't think we can blame China Bakerman...
Covid and it's rapid spread is a symptom of the way we live and travel in the 21st century. It was always a problem waiting to happen.

I agree with you though, about it's seemingly relentless spread. Up until two months ago I can't remember hearing of a case in my area at all, and since then we have become one of the worst affected places in the UK, with our local hospital almost full to capacity with the sick and dying.

We live within five miles of the local airport and I just can't understand why I am constantly hearing and seeing passenger aircraft spreading people around the world under such circumstances. surely we should be adopting Australia's total lockdown on incoming and outgoing flights, with just British subjects being allowed to return home after a strict quarantine.

We seem to have had the virus under control after the first lockdown with diminishing infections and more importantly deaths, but as soon as we try to return to normal, the figures are again going off the scale,
and as winter approaches I fear it is going to get a lot worse before it starts getting better.

I feel much the same as you, Foxy.

Do you remember in the early days of all this, they were saying it would be like the flu in that when the warmer came it would kill it off?

Wrong!
It has thrived and multiplied very well during the hottest days of summer.
It seems cold weather won't kill it, nor hot.

It is all around us, and I am finding it more worrying now that I did at first.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-11-2020, 06:14 PM

Originally Posted by shropshiregirl ->
Couldn't believe it when I read this morning of Bird Flu being found on farms in several places in the UK!! As if we don't have enough to contend with at the moment with Covid-19. Dreadful times.

Just in time for the Christmas turkey trade.
Hmm . . .

Will it be Swine Flu next?
Minx
Chatterbox
South Africa
Minx is female  Minx has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-11-2020, 09:49 PM

On this side of the world, we’ve been warned to practice all the precautionary measures or we could be heading for a provincial lockdown- most likely the Cape.
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-11-2020, 09:45 AM

Originally Posted by The Artful Todger ->
There is no such thing as a truth drug.

I know that, but I was in a rush and couldn't think of the term "lie detector". I assumed most intelligent people would know what I meant!
bakerman
Mexico
bakerman is male  bakerman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-11-2020, 05:05 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->

Will it be Swine Flu next?

Swine flu. Bird flu. This flu. That flu. And, of course, Covid-19, all have originated in those disgustingly dirty Chinese outdoor meat markets.

The 2nd wave of Covid-19 is now gaining strength. All predictions indicate that by this time next month, our health care systems will completely break down. In the less advanced countries, people are dying in the streets and in hospital waiting rooms. is that our future ? It sure looks like it.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top