Join for free
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Harbal
South Yorkshire
Harbal is male  Harbal has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-11-2020, 09:33 PM

Re: Memory

Originally Posted by Cinderella ->
Having to bring peg to keep Wellington boots together,
That is so incredibly endearing, Cinderella.
Devo
SW UK
Devo is male  Devo has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-11-2020, 09:34 PM

My earliest clear memory would have been from when I was about 18 months. My mother had taken me ion my pram for a walk around Christchurch Priory, where I unscrewed one of the good holding nuts and threw it in the river much to my mother's chagrin.
Less sure, I have a vague memory of amorphous floating in a peach coloured nothingness which I wonder whether to not it is a prenatal memory.
Harbal
South Yorkshire
Harbal is male  Harbal has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-11-2020, 09:41 PM

Originally Posted by Devo ->
Less sure, I have a vague memory of amorphous floating in a peach coloured nothingness which I wonder whether to not it is a prenatal memory.
Sounds like it could be, Devo. I don't suppose you have a twin who could confirm it for us, do you?
Cinderella
Chatterbox
East Anglia, UK
Cinderella is female  Cinderella has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-11-2020, 09:47 PM

Originally Posted by Silver Tabby ->
My first real memory is of being taken to a photographers studio in Dublin. I was 20 months old, wearing a pink/white striped dress and new soft
white kid shoes. It probably sticks in my memory because it was also the first time I was ever smacked. The street was cobbled and I scuffed my new shoes so mother slapped my legs.

Shirley Temple lookylike.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-11-2020, 10:51 PM

I'm not sure how old I was, but I remember being left outside in a shady spot in the garden. I was laid in my pram under an overhanging bush. It was years later that I realised that the bush was a Lilac, I can still see the bush and the location quite clearly. I believe that most fine days I was put in the same spot so it became very familiar to me.
keezoy
Australia
keezoy is male  keezoy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-11-2020, 12:22 AM

Although some people claim they can remember being born, it is impossible to do so. The infant brain is not capable of processing enough information to enable ongoing memory of the event. There are a lot of theories about this subject. You could look into infantile amnesia and other theories.
Here is a useful link to get you started.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2wcn...-HowStuffWorks
Harbal
South Yorkshire

15-11-2020, 12:37 AM

Originally Posted by keezoy ->
Although some people claim they can remember being born, it is impossible to do so.
In my experience of internet forums, keezoy, impossibility isn't an obstacle to making all sorts of claims.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-11-2020, 12:43 AM

So cute Tabbs.
paula
scotland
paula is female  paula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-11-2020, 12:56 AM

I remember my mother taking me to a building, I don't know where it was , to get orange juice, it was just after the war, I was told, and babies were given bottles of orange juice , so I must have been very young,,, my next memory is when I was about 4 years old playing with my friend
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-11-2020, 01:05 AM

I remember vividly from about two and a half. I didn't realise it was unusual until I grew up. I don't remember being born but I used to remember my feelings from before consciousness when I was little. An intensely wonderful place, I can't describe it, a lightness & vibrance. Life here is so difficult, we don't realise because we are in it. I also have a phobia of constricted spaces, perhaps a memory of the trauma of birth. Nothing serious but I sometimes used to dream of it. Not recently but it was not a fun dream.

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top