Join for free
Page 3 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »
paula
scotland
paula is female  paula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-11-2020, 12:00 PM

Re: road charge

Originally Posted by realspeed ->
I have a far better idea on how the government can claw back what they have spent.
Cut MP''s salary to a quarter of what they get now. Cut out all their " perks" and the claw back will only take a year
yes brilliant Idea, and it wouldn't take them long to rake it in...Bet the government wont think of that though, Looks like they're trying to control every part of our lives...
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-11-2020, 12:02 PM

If everyone did what you suggest and drive every car off the road more or less, public transport can't cope now . Public transport doesn't go exactly where you want every time either.
No you have not thought it through .typically how politiciands think , half baked ideas
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-11-2020, 12:02 PM

When France came up with a scheme to tax motorists, particularly the poorer motorist who can't afford to upgrade their car every 3 years, they ended up with the Yellow Vests Movement.

I'm buying shares in high viz
Cinderella
Chatterbox
East Anglia, UK
Cinderella is female  Cinderella has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-11-2020, 12:08 PM

Originally Posted by The Artful Todger ->
We do not pay a road tax, instead we pay a vehicle excise duty that goes straight into general taxation.

Personally I would be in favour of a road charge based on mileage and on road load including time of use. The technology to achieve this already exists in a number of forms.
In Norfolk the sugar beet harvest has started, they always travel in convoy of three and look dangerously overloaded on their way to Wissington. No avoiding them. The A17 and A10 gridlocked and pot holes a plenty, with sticking plaster repairs that are a waste of time and money.
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-11-2020, 12:11 PM

It is the same brainless idea of doing away with vehicles run on petrol or deisel. Where does a fair percentage of taxes come from? on fuel , not just from the motorist but from the companies the produce it. Taking it another stage further all or most garages would have to go out of business, creating more unemployment.No fuel tankers on the road they would be scrapped and drivers loose ther jobs.

I just don't know where these brainless idiots come from? OH yes I do they are trained at Universities to not have to use the little common sense brain cells they might possess
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-11-2020, 12:21 PM

The South Australian Government plans to introduce a road user charge for electric vehicles in a national first.

The state's Treasurer, Rob Lucas, said two other Australian jurisdictions are interested in following his Government's lead within 12 months.

As part of his State Budget yesterday, Mr Lucas announced the South Australian Government planned to charge electric vehicle drivers for using the road, just as other motorists pay the fuel excise duty.

He argued that as electric vehicles replace petrol and diesel vehicles over time, causing fuel excise revenue to "disappear", a "road user charge" on non-petrol vehicles was needed to replace it.

It would raise about $1 million per year, starting in July 2021, Mr Lucas said in his budget speech.

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2020-11-...harge/12869302
Cinderella
Chatterbox
East Anglia, UK
Cinderella is female  Cinderella has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-11-2020, 12:27 PM

Global Tracking Devices. The dystopia is rising.
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-11-2020, 12:46 PM

Originally Posted by realspeed ->
If everyone did what you suggest and drive every car off the road more or less, public transport can't cope now . Public transport doesn't go exactly where you want every time either.
No you have not thought it through .typically how politiciands think , half baked ideas
Not drive every car off the road but reduce the number of unnecessary vehicle Kms. Also taxi's are public transport. I've thought this through very thoroughly indeed.
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-11-2020, 12:48 PM

Originally Posted by Cinderella ->
Global Tracking Devices. The dystopia is rising.
No, just changing times accelerated by the global pandemic and ever increasing environmental damage.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-11-2020, 03:50 PM

Originally Posted by Bread ->
When France came up with a scheme to tax motorists, particularly the poorer motorist who can't afford to upgrade their car every 3 years, they ended up with the Yellow Vests Movement.

I'm buying shares in high viz
...Put me down for a couple Bread, Mrs Fox will be protesting with me..... She doesn't know it yet...

Page 3 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top