Join for free
Page 6 of 6 « First < 4 5 6
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-11-2020, 10:56 AM

Re: Carrie Symonds

Originally Posted by summer ->
if I were her I would lay low for a while ....the knives are out and they have to pick on someone to sell papers. I feel sorry for her.
That's "blokey" throwbacks for you - they always blame the woman .....
Zaphod
Lincs UK
Zaphod is male  Zaphod has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-11-2020, 11:08 AM

Originally Posted by summer ->
if I were her I would lay low for a while ....the knives are out and they have to pick on someone to sell papers. I feel sorry for her.
Me too.
They aren't happy trying to denigrate Boris because that's not having the desired effect, so going for the partner might be the answer.
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-11-2020, 11:09 AM

The Prime Minister has been through a hell of a lot this past year. First, the election, then Brexit, then having a baby, then COVID-19, then ending up nearly dying in intensive care, then coming out of hospital and back to work to gt the country through the pandemic, get Brexit done and everything else on his plate.

Give the guy a break FFS.
Zaphod
Lincs UK
Zaphod is male  Zaphod has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-11-2020, 11:16 AM

Originally Posted by Bread ->
The Prime Minister has been through a hell of a lot this past year. First, the election, then Brexit, then having a baby, then COVID-19, then ending up nearly dying in intensive care, then coming out of hospital and back to work to gt the country through the pandemic, get Brexit done and everything else on his plate.

Not a chance!

The haters just want anarchy, I'm convinced of it - because it seems that it doesn't matter who does what, it is always wrong.
Always.

"We have no PPE - That is wrong"
-> -> ->
"Who paid who what for the PPE we needed? That is wrong!"
Tedc
Berkshire, UK
Tedc is male  Tedc has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-11-2020, 11:20 AM

Well said, Bread

The "Holier Than Thou" Group is having a ball.

Usual suspects, usual attacks on Boris, et al.

Jealousy is a serious attitude.

Pesta
Chatterbox
North of the South UK
Pesta is female  Pesta has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-11-2020, 03:17 PM

Couldn't agree more Bread
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-11-2020, 03:28 PM

I agree.

We have a chance, a long awaited chance, for freedom.
So far, Boris has done the right things. He has not given in to the demands and threats issued by Barmy and the EU, and the end of the year is getting closer and closer.

By all means, if he should give in at the last minute, shout and stamp and issue all the criticisms you want, people. But for now, he needs our support.

Sadly, I also have to disagree with Nigel Farage who, at the moment, is making all manner of criticisms of Boris without, in my opinion, any substantial evidence.
I have always supported Nigel, but I fear that he is now turning people against him. Like everyone else, he should just shut up and wait to see what Boris achieves.
Zaphod
Lincs UK

18-11-2020, 04:49 PM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
I agree.

We have a chance, a long awaited chance, for freedom.
So far, Boris has done the right things. He has not given in to the demands and threats issued by Barmy and the EU, and the end of the year is getting closer and closer.

By all means, if he should give in at the last minute, shout and stamp and issue all the criticisms you want, people. But for now, he needs our support.

Sadly, I also have to disagree with Nigel Farage who, at the moment, is making all manner of criticisms of Boris without, in my opinion, any substantial evidence.
I have always supported Nigel, but I fear that he is now turning people against him. Like everyone else, he should just shut up and wait to see what Boris achieves.
I have to agree (Farage's support of Trump was worrying enough TBH) but in this case I do understand Nigel is just holding Boris's feet to the fire.
That is arguably needed in the face of continued EUrophilia.
The manner in which Nigel is doing so is however unnecessary and IMHO you're right in that he now risks turning many against him and his new party - although I suppose that will be of no great concern if Boris does muck up Brexit.

Page 6 of 6 « First < 4 5 6

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top