Join for free
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Dancingsky
None
Dancingsky is female  Dancingsky has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-10-2010, 04:57 PM

Re: Can You Remember Your First Car??

We had an eight seater Peugeot estate car in the 80s it was brilliant, it would turn on a sixpence. As we had 6 kids at the time it was more than useful.
buttercup
Wiltshire
buttercup is female  buttercup has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-10-2010, 05:34 PM

I didn't get my own very first car until my daughter was a toddler. It was an old Toyota Corolla in a sort of rusty red colour. When it was failing quite badly I saw in a car showroom a used white panda with soft roof that you could roll back and absolutely fell in love with it but told my husband I didn't think we could afford it and then forgot about it. About a week or two later it arrived on our drive with a big bouguet of flowers on the front seat - a surprise from my husband

I loved that car and it was with me for a long time.
Graham
South Hampshire
Graham is male  Graham has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-01-2012, 10:36 AM

I was a biker for a number of years and got my car licence long before I had my first car, as I had to drive company vans. But the cold weather finally got me and I bought a Fiat Miafiori 131 - which turned out to be a hopeless rust bucket and lasted a year before it finally died.
Bonny
UK
Bonny is female  Bonny has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-01-2012, 01:10 PM

Cortina and can still remember the number plate.Now 40 years later I have 2 Cars on my drive and can't remember either's!
Bridie
northants
Bridie is female  Bridie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-01-2012, 01:33 PM

My first one was given to me by my boyfriend at the time as he got banned from driving. It was an Austin 1100, white and pale blue and the reg was AUT 143B. Didnt last long, then I got a lovely little mini. I called the austin Elsie and the mini, Harriet.
Janela
Fondly Remembered
Essex UK
Janela is female  Janela has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-01-2012, 05:40 PM

Hubby's story is similar to yours Rifleman. He started with motorbikes, then beehive hairdo's and girls came along. So again, like you he bought a three wheeler..an AC Petite 350 two stroke.
He too passed his car test and bought a Morris Minor.
All our cars have been in hubby's name..until we needed two cars...I bought my own car - tax and insured by me in my own name - a navy blue Ford Fiesta, that was a rust bucket, but I loved it
ClaireMarie
Ontario, Canada
ClaireMarie is female  ClaireMarie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-01-2012, 06:52 PM

1972 Datsun 510, 4 door, burn orange colour, 4 speed, stick shift. Learned to drive a 'standard' on this poor car's clutch!
Jimmy
Lancashire
Jimmy is male  Jimmy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-01-2012, 06:58 PM

I feel ancient here, my first car was a Vauxall Cresta, with a bench front seat, £15 it cost me, and then a fortune in petrol.
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-01-2012, 08:01 PM

Like most of you no doubt, my first motor was a banger. I started with a Ford Anglia 100E van which cost around twenty quid to buy and then another thirty for insurance. I had to hold down my apprenticeship and two other part time jobs just to afford to run it..

When my sons bought their first cars they moaned about the expense too, but nothing changes really, there is always too much month left at the end of the money....
pixie
Canada
pixie is female  pixie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-01-2012, 09:54 PM

love the crestas they was my fav car when lived in the uk
our first car in canada was a silver mustang loved it

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top