Join for free
Page 111 of 391 « First < 11 61 101 109 110 111 112 113 121 161 211 > Last »
Cassie
West Wales
Cassie is female  Cassie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-01-2013, 11:56 PM

Re: Today I have .........

I took receipt of my possessions that were still in Coventry plus Foo the dog who 'he' said he didnt want to keep as his long shifts were difficult with her.. understandable but poor Fooey is rather confused.. she'll be fine though, in fact shes settled back with the others nicely and they are all having a big snooze. Im faced with bag upon bag & box upon box of my things and absolutely nowhere to put them lol
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-01-2013, 08:13 AM

Hmmmmmmmmmmm - seems to be final then and not much hope of reconciliation if all your possessions and your pet have been returned to you Cassie darlin'.

You now need time to heal and time to turn around and find a new life for yourself.
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-01-2013, 05:13 PM

Sorry to hear it didn't work out Cassie, but who knows what the new year will bring you, all you wish for I hope.
Willow
UK
Willow is female 

27-01-2013, 05:43 PM

Jem, I have only visited Ireland once, but was so taken with the people and their friendliness I decided to apply for Irish citizenship in 2008. One can do this if one had an Irish grandparent, which I did. Funnily enough she was absolutely HORRIBLE and I couldn't stand her, but her own mother was lovely. I now have dual British and Irish citizenship. I have never told my Mother of this, I didn't want the row that would have ensued. She couldn't stand her mother-in-law, and unreasonably tarred all the Irish with the same brush!
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-01-2013, 05:56 PM

You are right Willow - fantastic country and the people are simply great...
Just love 'em ! I guess my heart belongs there...
Janela
Fondly Remembered
Essex UK
Janela is female  Janela has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-01-2013, 06:13 PM

..........felt more energetic today, so started on the hall walls, we only need to paper the top half. The walls are separated by a dado rail. Got quite a bit of the paper off but it was quite tiring
We are not in a rush (just as well )
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-01-2013, 06:46 PM

Originally Posted by Willow ->
Jem, I have only visited Ireland once, but was so taken with the people and their friendliness I decided to apply for Irish citizenship in 2008. One can do this if one had an Irish grandparent, which I did. Funnily enough she was absolutely HORRIBLE and I couldn't stand her, but her own mother was lovely. I now have dual British and Irish citizenship. I have never told my Mother of this, I didn't want the row that would have ensued. She couldn't stand her mother-in-law, and unreasonably tarred all the Irish with the same brush!
Welcome to Irish citizenship Willow, I could have British citizenship automatically as I was born before 1948 before this Country officially became a republic but I never travel overseas except the UK, our next door neighbour for horse racing, love horses, funny thing is I never sat on a horse in me life. As for people, you have good and bad everywhere.
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-01-2013, 08:08 PM

Willow darlin' - have visited (Northern) Ireland several times (most recently as three weeks ago) and have also been down to Dublin too. I can echo your comments about the Irish people, they are indeed most friendly and hospitable.
Willow
UK
Willow is female 

27-01-2013, 08:12 PM

I must admit Northern Ireland would never be on my itinerary. I like Dublin's fair city though.
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK

27-01-2013, 08:30 PM

I must admit Northern Ireland would never be on my itinerary. I like Dublin's fair city though.
Willow darlin' - Northern Ireland's scenery is truly magnificent and beautiful. The Mountains of Mourne for instance, Google it and you'll see what I mean.

Page 111 of 391 « First < 11 61 101 109 110 111 112 113 121 161 211 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top