Join for free
Page 24 of 24 « First < 14 22 23 24
Lindyloo
isle of wight
Lindyloo is female  Lindyloo has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-04-2021, 07:34 AM

Re: COVID-19: NHS chiefs warn of 'third wave' of cases amid concerns over Christmas relax

Originally Posted by Zaphod ->
At last you're admitting that there were more tests done when I said!

BTW both my son's school and Mrs Zaphod's work suggest they test on a Sunday.
Go figure.

Didn't Boris say everyone should take two lateral flow tests a week? Chemists are providing boxes of tests foc.

Has anyone compared infection rates to school holidays and found an increase in infection rates?
Zaphod
Lincs UK
Zaphod is male  Zaphod has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-04-2021, 10:02 AM

Re: COVID-19: NHS chiefs warn of 'third wave' of cases amid concerns over Christmas relax

Originally Posted by Lindyloo ->
Didn't Boris say everyone should take two lateral flow tests a week? Chemists are providing boxes of tests foc.

Has anyone compared infection rates to school holidays and found an increase in infection rates?
Not as far as I know.

The number of tests per day increased significantly early in March (but varies day-to-day) whereas the number of reported infections has continued to fall since then (again with a little day-to-day variation) and that decline in infections would appear to be pretty consistent regardless of school holidays.

If such analysis is being done it isn't being made public and to be fair given the decline I'm not altogether sure that there's any need when numbers are so relatively small.
Lindyloo
isle of wight
Lindyloo is female  Lindyloo has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-04-2021, 01:14 PM

Originally Posted by Zaphod ->
Not as far as I know.

The number of tests per day increased significantly early in March (but varies day-to-day) whereas the number of reported infections has continued to fall since then (again with a little day-to-day variation) and that decline in infections would appear to be pretty consistent regardless of school holidays.

If such analysis is being done it isn't being made public and to be fair given the decline I'm not altogether sure that there's any need when numbers are so relatively small.
Apparently I got my first post wrong! It's NOT school holidays, but school term times - so infection rate rises when children return to school......?
Zaphod
Lincs UK
Zaphod is male  Zaphod has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-04-2021, 04:39 PM

Originally Posted by Lindyloo ->
Apparently I got my first post wrong! It's NOT school holidays, but school term times - so infection rate rises when children return to school......?
I guessed as much but the same applies: rates have still been falling.

Page 24 of 24 « First < 14 22 23 24

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top